Game Of Thrones - Caution: Contains spoilers (and beheadings) (1 Viewer)

Quality episode this week. Right at the end when they hoisted up the ropes to reveal the crispy critters. OH MY GOD. This season is finally getting its grove on.

Yeah good episode all right. Picking up. However, I stand by my contention though that there is too much going on. It's like it can't decide who the principal characters are anymore. People just drop off the face of the earth for entire episodes and by the time they come back I've forgotten who the hell they were in the first place.

And as for the "crispy critters" .. I dunno ... the whole wanton cruelty and torture stuff has now got so over the top that's it's becoming a bit laughable.

Yeah good episode all right. Picking up. However, I stand by my contention though that there is too much going on. It's like it can't decide who the principal characters are anymore. People just drop off the face of the earth for entire episodes and by the time they come back I've forgotten who the hell they were in the first place.

And as for the "crispy critters" .. I dunno ... the whole wanton cruelty and torture stuff has now got so over the top that's it's becoming a bit laughable.

That's pretty much the way the books went. The first two are good then it starts to go downhill. By the time I got to the fifth book I didn't have a clue what the main storyline was any more. His approach to writing seems to be 1000 pages of nothing disguised as character development following by the death of a big character to surprise the reader.

i think they are doing quite well considering there's hundreds of speaking characters in the books. they've stuck as close to the books as is feasible for a series on the scale of A Song of Ice & Fire.

i think they are doing quite well considering there's hundreds of speaking characters in the books. they've stuck as close to the books as is feasible for a series on the scale of A Song of Ice & Fire.

I actually think that too. They've cut out a lot of the filler from the books. Unfortunately I don't know if they can completely escape how the books ended up without changing the story too much.

Great episode. Loved the Kingslayer's return to the plot. Tywin and Arya's scenes are brilliant. Theon is a total scumfuck.

Agreed particularly with regard to Tywin/Arya scenes - riveting stuff. Bran isn't really dead is he? That could have been anybody, and he hadn't dreamt of his own demise? Obviously that question's rhetorical - tell me before the show does and I will find you

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, yes it was. What a difference it makes having a full episode stick with a single story arc. But seriously, no fucking way can they have killed who appears to have been killed. I suppose that's kind of the show's thing though. So many great lines in that episode too.

Yes, yes it was. What a difference it makes having a full episode stick with a single story arc. But seriously, no fucking way can they have killed who appears to have been killed. I suppose that's kind of the show's thing though. So many great lines in that episode too.

Fuck the king

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back