Galway (2 Viewers)

you'd be better off in dublin I'd say. I thought galway got old, quick. it's very, very small. and the rain... jesus. it actually never stopped when I was there. then, I'm more of a cork person; you can only be one or the other apparently. although cork doesn't have anything resembling galway's shantalla video club. or the lovely walks; you can walk everywhere in cork too, but the surroundings vary from average at best, to grim.

Seems to be a very cosmopolitan mindset overriding all the other distinct attractions of Galway as a place to live. Come on, its not Bannagher or Kiltimagh!! It is a city! And it is a wonderful place to live. Ye sound like those kids complaining that there's no youth club or cinema in town, and then when ten are built no-one bothers with them anyway, they still choose to hang around outside the bike-sheds.

Ye should try living in the sprawling metropolis that is Letterkenny. Ye'll stop complaining about Galway being too small sharpish then.

you can try Roisins but since they did the overhaul it's just not the same. Massimos, Bierhaus, Blue note are all great places. Friendly crowd and good music. I think they are all late bars except Bierhaus.

I love Galway, I've lived here for three years on and off and now I'm leaving for good :( to face Dublin. It scares me a little but it's also nice to think that I won't know everything in advance when I go out.

oh and where to stash the car??? i dont mind paying to a certain extent, so long as theres enough of it there when i get back to get me home.

it is but the docks is the worst area for clamping. its a private company. the car park on Dyke Road is cheap enough for parking. think its 24 hour.

I stayed in the Meyrick a couple of weeks ago. They have valet parking! And rather fabulous wallpaper in the ladies loos:

n688302593_937246_3467.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back