fundit, infographic, well? (2 Viewers)

Ed Carter only wanted to raise $21,000 through Kickstarter to finance a deluxe edition of "Glory to Rome," a board game produced by his company, Cambridge Games Factory. He ended up raising more than $73,000, with pledges from more than 1,600 people.

After that, things started to go downhill for Carter.

http://mashable.com/2013/06/18/kickstarter-too-successful/

... Nothing but respect for Mark Kelly for the initiative in this regard, especially in pulling a perennially un-hip band out of their worst period into a very successful cottage industry...

Universal doing crowdfunding for reissues is a definite WTF?... Are their personnel that clueless about what they're in control of that they can only make decisions this way??
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jul/16/universal-vinyl-crowdfunding-rare-albums-reissue?CMP=twt_gu

Entombed are doing this for some of their back catalogue, but like the Marillion template, the beneficiaries are the band... not some shareholder....
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/entombed-reissues

...independently reissuing 3 albums in real terms including promo/ distro mechanics has got cost at least the same as one of your road crew's wages for the year...
But Universal... Realistically, they could do 180gm reissues of 100 different classics they have rights to and retail them at a budget price... ( like FZ/pumpkin records did with the Frank Zappa catalogue in the 90's )... This of course won't happen... instead they'll try and sell 180gm vinyl to the customer as a luxury item at a perverted retail price instead of the industry standard it should be...
... if ever encouragement were needed to steal music off the Internet...

so where's this feckin' jimmy cake album anyway?

i thought there was a dedicated thread but can't find it

and what was the scandal that pete had to delete? someone tell me on facebook

I nearly popped a vein reading about these cunts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/31/garden/van-base-with-fan-base.html?_r=0&pagewanted=all

All Adam Harteau and his wife, Emily, wanted to do was take an epic 23,000-mile, 20-country road trip to the southernmost tip of South America and back.........
In the Internet era, they turned to social media, initiating a Kickstarter campaign.......
Kickstarter forbids “fund my life” projects like family vacations. But the couple framed the journey as creative inspiration for Mr. Harteau’s art and promised an exhibition of his photography, collages and other artwork upon their return, thereby skirting the rule. Funders embraced their proposal to the tune of more than $16,000, and a year ago the Harteaus set off in their Westfalia........
The art exhibition the Harteaus promised in their Kickstarter pitch will have to wait.

"In the Sacred Valley of the Incas, in Peru, Mrs. Harteau felt moved to climb onto the VW’s roof, strip off her clothes and pose naked."

oh good

Jimmy Cake album is in the final stages of mixing. Turned out to be a bigger job than we thought but it's getting there and will be out very soon. It'll be worth the wait ( i.e, it will sound better )

We'll see who's 'laughing out loud' in 2063
I plan to be laughing maniacally, hooked up to a life support and dialisis machine by the year 2023. Surrounded by loved ones imparting my last words to them "Avenge Me!!" I"ll croak as they weep sadly. Then slip away into death and void my bowels on the white hospitals sheets. I plan to paint an image of my own face in vaseline on said sheets so that when I do defecate all over the place it makes a Turin shroud of shit.

So in short the safe money is on The Jimmy Cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back