fully manual pentax mx for sale, w. 28mm lens and other tat (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
folks, im clearing out my camera collection at the moment, and with some regret Im letting this go.

(i have actual pictures of all the below listed, but their on my memory stick which is sitting at home, I'll stick em up or email them along later, for the purposes of demonstration, stock photos are below.)
PENTAX MX
Pentax_MX.jpg

its a pentax mx, all metal, all manual camera. when this was released(mid 70s) it was a pro-level camera, and has features such as DOF preview, all the exposure info is viewable in the viewfinder etc. http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Pentax_MX

Its in fairly good nick and the film compartment is imactualtely clean. however, theres a few minor issues

-focusing screen is a little dirty, however, you can get a replacement. i never bothered as it dosnt affect picture taking.
-meter is off by exactly 1 stop. when I bought this camera (bout 2-3 years ago) the meter was shot, so I dropped it in to be re-calibrated and the camera CLA'd in general. When the meter was re-set, it was set exactly one stop out. You can easily overcome this by adjusting iso setting (ie, if using iso 400 film, set camera to iso 200 etc).
-the screw on cover allowing for conection to an accessory powered winder is missing. dosnt affect camera function, and I used to cover hole by taping a 2c piece along the base of the camera.
-minor abrasion on the lens mount, very very minor,

this is a perfectly functional, and cosmetically decent camera, which is a good photographic tool. perfect if yure taking acourse, or want to dick about with film. Im only getting rid of it as I use its brother, the pentax me (kinda the same camera with aperture priority) must more these days.

Theres fresh batteries in her as of yesterday, I'll throw in a strap as well!

28MM pentax A lens.

The a-series of lens date from the early 80s. the aperture ring can be locked at position A, allowing for the autoexposure in a camera (not the MX) to select the appropriate aperture. Thusly this lens can be used all the autoexposure modes on the modern pentax digital range (k10d/20d etc) and samsung d-slrs.

lens is in perfect nick optically, and only has minor wear on the metal parts. I'll throw in a zip up lens bag as well. front and rear caps included.

also,
pentax flash- small manual flash. Tested it last night on my digital and its still working perfectly. batteries included.

prices
MX- 70euro
28mm- 40euro
flash- 10euro

I'll take 110 for the lots and throw in a few rolls of film.

Very, very tempted.

seriously, without being too much of a salesman, this is a really nice camera. the only reason Im selling it is that I dont use it at all any more. I can meet you at some stage if you want to have a look at it...

with the outlay ofabout 50e on one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/SMC-Pentax-M-1-...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

and possibly one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMC-PENTAX-M-13...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

you'll have a great manual photography outfit.

Yep, that would be cool. My only hesitation is that I don't get paid for a couple of weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back