freebirthing (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i happened upon an article about this the other day. I had never heard of it before (basically it's where the woman chooses to have an unassisted childbirth.) i've heard of women who have had an unassisted birth mainly cos they couldnt get to the hospital in time/doc was late, etc.......but i find this really interesting - and a little frightening if im honest. i think it's more of a fear of not having a midwife or doc around.....just in case something went wrong. i dunno....if you read up about it on the web many of the testimonials by women who have done it are very positive. i am just so intrigued by it as a concept having never heard of it before, and are wondering what people's thoughts are on the whole thing. i think when the time comes for me to reproduce i;d rather have someone there from the medical profession. just in case, cos, well, y'never know what could happen.

here's the article:

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/mg19325851.100-extreme-childbirth-freebirthing.html

i definitely agree with the feeling that many births these days are carried out in a very overmedicalised environment - something I would actively want to eschew were I having a baby. but foregoing ANYA medical representation? that's scary to me.

Wow! That's a real accomplishment but surely I couldn't and wouldn't ever try to do it. It might get complicated along the way you know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back