free "mastering" for thumpers (1 Viewer)

sittin' in front of a mac in portland oh-ray-gun y
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey y'all--
I know none of you know me except from my posts, but here's the deal. I'm gonna be in Ireland soon and hoping to work with some of the kick-ass bands I've heard of through this site. I've seen lots of questions about mastering. Although not strictly a mastering engineer, I've mastered tons (maybe 100±) of projects that didn't have the dosh for a fully-blown mastering job. I don't have the same kit as a place charging $95+ an hour, but I've been at it for 10+ years and get tons of repeat business. So, if you have a single (2 or 3 songs) you'd like to have mastered/prepped for dupe, email me and I'll do it FREE for you via post or internet. If you have a broadband connection and/or an FTP, you could post me files (pref. 24 bit), and I can email or postal them back to you. I'll be glad to send you a signed doc stating that the rights all belong to you, forever and ever amen. I just want make some cool contacts in Ireland! Here's some links to the last 2 records I produced/engineered:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/carrieakre
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crushcoat
This offer will extend to the first 5, maybe 10 bands that respond.
Thanks!
dubh in seattle

Yeah! throw down! Hey snakybus, didn't you record in chicago/mastering in phoenix? Who was that all with, studiowise? And, hey, I'm probably gonna be there mid-october to late dec., then after new year to whenever. Check my links in the orig post, maybe you'd like to hire me to record you there? The mastering offer stands!

Yes, well we recorded a couple of things in Chicago with a guy called Barry Phipps, but it was just in his house. He's since opened a studio called North Branch Studios, where he mixed our album. Most of the album was recorded here in Dublin. It's being mastered by Roger Seibel at SAE in Phoenix.

All of which is putting us into debt and despair.

Thanks for the offers Dubh, most kind.

What kind of rates are going for mid-level studio time? mid-level meaning they've got enough useable kit to get good results(this is very amorphous); a decent size live room, most hopefully Protools and-dare I wish it-- an analog multitrack/16 or 24? With the studio glut in seattle you can get a place with a big room, a studer 2" and a Harrison console for $250/day excluding engineer. Which is great for us musicians and freelance producer/engineer types, but not so good for the studios that go out of business. I take it there are a ton of mid-level places all over/not just dublin/derry/belfast? It's 4'10 am here now-- off to bed for me! I'll be back in about 6 hours-ack!

Ah, shucks... yer all so nice. Of course, I have ulterior motives... hire me while I'm in Ireland! Or buy me a bevvie and play me yer music, whatever. Anybody so inclined can check out 2 of 13 songs from a project I mastered today (well, Sept.5th) It's 6 am here so bear with me le do thoil...
http://www.myplay.com
enter my email in the box: [email protected]
password is "music"
I'll be posting stuff there for all to scope out. This project today was recorded onto 1/4" 8trk. at home not by me but by the main guy/singer Jeff Brown. Because of time and $ constraints, this was mastered super quick-- 13 songs/7 hours and he left with discs in hand. This is one of the bands I hope to arrainge tour for while I'm over soon. I didn't record or mix it, just master, and I'll play drums in the band on tour... it looks as if the illustrious dudley may be the first one to risk his arm, who's next? Thanx herv and all for kind words-
dubh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back