freakin Dublin Bus!! (1 Viewer)

41 bus is just dull by comparison with these. Watching the airport grow bigger is about as exciting as it gets. Tourists with €100 notes tryna buy bus tickets is also a commonish occurence. The End.

Could just pay the extra euro and get the swords express, slightly plusher and through the excitement that is the port tunnel.

I was on the bus home from Cork last weekend. Crazy old uber culchie-bred kerryman on his phone in the back. He had a voice something like a
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

EXCEPT REALLY FUCKING HIGH-PITCHED CULCHIE AND REALLY FUCKING LOUD! It took me ages to realise it was a man too.

He was on his phone for the whole bus journey back (over an hour) going on about what was on for dinner and constantly shouting "dah fuh-cying CYUNTS..!" over and over and over again in relation to absolutely anything. It was hilarious too cos there was a woman sitting in front of him. (sorry laydeez, but iz da truth)

Ahhhh....such is life in provincial Kerry... and how I love it.

yea... not dublin bus but WATEVZ!

The amount of difference an ipod (or similar portable music device) makes on the bus is amazing, I only got a new one a while ago and now enjoy getting the bus and seeing all the sights pass me by howeever before I got it I hated getting the bus or DART, my misanthropy was growing at an alarming rate and the laughter of others was cutting through my like a knife.

Could just pay the extra euro and get the swords express, slightly plusher and through the excitement that is the port tunnel.

I'm mainly travelling to Seantrabh not all de way into town. I haven't taken the swords express yet into town though. I might later, for the crack!

39 = Ghetto Bus. Has been confirmed by Dublin Bus to be the longest route in the city, sometimes taking up to 2 hours to get from the terminus to the quays.

39N = Hell Bus. For some bizarre reason this Nitelink route bears little resemblance to the regular 39 route, and when it does end up on the same stretch of road it's usually travelling in the opposite direction to that which a regular 39 from town would. Which makes it a bit of a lottery whether or not you'll make your stop as it hurtles the wrong way down a darkened Hartstown road at 4am.

Under no circumstances should you ever sit upstairs on this bus.

I was on the 65 recently, going through Rathgar/Rathmines in the direction of town. A woman got on and asked the driver if the bus was going to Dame St. he said, abruptly, "no, wait for the 15" so she got off. But the 65 does go to Dame St. i was shocked and didn't say 'thank you' when I got off the bus. The end.

Well done sir. Such a man deserved no courtesy.

The 69 to Rathcoole, slowest, snakiest, bus ever... and not nearly as sexy as it sounds. Put me off Dublin bus for life.

i was given acid on the 7a from mackintosh park years ago. Good times

7A = cult bus

I bought a pirate copy of A Clockwork Orange from a guy in Mackintosh Park back in 1993. He advertised it in Buy and Sell. Taped from Dutch laserdisc. When I called to the house he put on the movie on the VCR while his young children looked on. ULTRAVIOLENCE.

Got the 7A there and back.

The tape ended up been shown by UCD Film Society a few times. A worthwhile investment.

The 66 and the 67 up to Maynooth, at night, when they are rallying down that back road around Leixlip is deadly altogether.
Particularly when there are foreign students on the bus, who expect bus drivers to obey things like speed limits, and The Rules of the Road and so on.
Black as death, the upper deck rocking around like one of those punchbag on a stick things, yer wan that wrote those Harry Potter books obviously took this route once or twice.

is that abridged?? the last time you reposted that one i thought there was somehitng about a taleban style jeep drowning at the roundabout.

I wonder was that the day the old man rang me to proudly inform me that Honda Accords run underwater, but "sound a bit spluthery".

I was on the 65 recently, going through Rathgar/Rathmines in the direction of town. A woman got on and asked the driver if the bus was going to Dame St. he said, abruptly, "no, wait for the 15" so she got off. But the 65 does go to Dame St. i was shocked and didn't say 'thank you' when I got off the bus. The end.

Wow, you really showed him!!!:)

i've been threatened on many a cork bus over the years. once even spat on for no other reason then having slightly long hair. never sit near the back of the bus!

cork routes to avoid: 1,2,3,7,8 (northbound), 12, 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back