Frank Turner (ex-Million Dead) - Irish Tour, June '06 (1 Viewer)

Gogs

Website
www.craftandslice.com
Frank Turner (ex-Million Dead) - Irish tour, June 2006

www.frank-turner.com // www.myspace.com/frankturner

June 8th - Dicey's, Strabane
June 9th - Sandino's, Derry
June 10th - The Iveagh, Dublin
June 11th - Auntie Annie's, Belfast

frankturner.jpg

frankturner45az.jpg

559960852_l.jpg

Bio
I was born in Muharraq, Bahrain, in late 1981... ah fuck it, let's cut to the chase. I started playing in bands aged about 12 after I got into Iron Maiden because I thought the posters were cool. When it became apparent that the music also rocked face, I got a guitar and started nerding away. My teenage years were a typically embarrassing catalogue of musical errors (I was seen to play a ska song of my own composition live on more than one occasion) but I did play in some bands that some other people cared about. First there was a school-based hardcore / emo outfit called Kneejerk, which came to an unceremonious end in around 2000.

After that I got involved in a punk band called Million Dead. We were around for four years, from 2001-2005, and in that time we released 2 albums to 'critical acclaim' and 'underground success' (i.e. we weren't exactly U2). Nevertheless, we made a lot of friends and played a lot of shows, wrote a lot of songs and learnt an awful lot about playing music and making a living out of it. In the end we decided it would be best to part ways before we fell out and while we still had a chance of being a wicked underground band that no one liked at the time a decade hence (see: Slint).

Whilst in Million Dead, I'd started to do some shows on my own - sometimes out of necessity, say for a radio session - and started rediscovering a lot of the music I grew up with, like the Counting Crows, Johnny Cash, Weezer and so on, as well as getting more and more into my country and folk. I started out with folky versions of MD songs and graduated to my own compositions (often bits and pieces that were a little too light for the band). When the 'Deadz came to an end, it seemed like the logical thing to do to try my hand at playing these songs more publicly and more concertedly than before. I also didn't want to stop touring, so I kept going.

So from October 2005 to the present I've been on the road pretty much constantly around the UK, and there's no signs of slowing down yet. In January, I did a split 7" vinyl with my good friends Reuben on Xtra Mile Recordings, and I'm poised to release a 5-song EP on the same label in May, entitled Campfire Punkrock. Secondly, work continues apace on my planned split release with Jonah Matranga - it'll feature two covers by the both of us, and is due for release over here in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back