Forthcoming TV trailers (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pete, is this a book or a series of books?

We got this in March

True Detective this month, which dovetails with Fargo and Reacher wrapping up.

Anyone excited about anything that is coming in February?

three fairly mind bending books. I'm a bit worried about how few chinese people are in that trailer.
Indeed.
One Wong don't make it right.

ETA
They do have a bunch of Asian ladies in the mix
Maybe they've been smart about it
1704834138229.png

three fairly mind bending books. I'm a bit worried about how few chinese people are in that trailer.
exactly what i was thinking, the book, well the first one at least, is really a novel about china, as much as it is a sci fi novel. looks like they've boringly and blandly internationalized it. and it looks like it's mainly going to be in english. sigh

exactly what i was thinking, the book, well the first one at least, is really a novel about china, as much as it is a sci fi novel. looks like they've boringly and blandly internationalized it. and it looks like it's mainly going to be in english. sigh
Well Benedict Wong is playing Da Shi, the Beijing cop, and that’s not Beijing.

Well Benedict Wong is playing Da Shi, the Beijing cop, and that’s not Beijing.
Lads, they've made a Chinese version and it's all set in China and Beijing and it's about China and Beijing and in Chinese, and even faithful to the books, by all accounts.
Should be perfect for the purists.
This exists in the world for all to enjoy.

The rest of us saps will have to make do with this Benioff & Weiss knockoff with the international cast we recognise, in a language we understand and Radiohead on the soundtrack.

Lads, they've made a Chinese version and it's all set in China and Beijing and it's about China and Beijing and in Chinese, and even faithful to the books, by all accounts.
Should be perfect for the purists.
This exists in the world for all to enjoy.

The rest of us saps will have to make do with this Benioff & Weiss knockoff with the international cast we recognise, in a language we understand and Radiohead on the soundtrack.
Well, yes, but one of the (many) things that made Fool Me Once shit was the fact that the source novel was set in New York but the TV series was set some place in England, and things that made contextual sense in that America (visits to a shooting range, a gun safe at home, cops with partners, FLYING APACHE HELICOPTERS IN A NON-SPECIFIC WAR "OVERSEAS" WITH A COPILOT FROM FUCKIN DUBLIN) were directly transposed AND MADE NO FUCKING SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Sorry that show really annoyed me.

Anyway as @David Kronenbourg pointed out the book is very Chinese and is full of stuff from a Chinese perspective like e.g. Chinese people relating to not-Chinese people in a military context. At least they've left the cultural revolution stuff in... probably so we all know it was still China's fault.

Well, yes, but one of the (many) things that made Fool Me Once shit was the fact that the source novel was set in New York but the TV series was set some place in England, and things that made contextual sense in that America (visits to a shooting range, a gun safe at home, cops with partners, FLYING APACHE HELICOPTERS IN A NON-SPECIFIC WAR "OVERSEAS" WITH A COPILOT FROM FUCKIN DUBLIN) were directly transposed AND MADE NO FUCKING SENSE WHATSOEVER.
I am sorry for your lost time with this. For real.

The heads on Arena hated it, so I didn't even give it a look in.

probably so we all know it was still China's fault.
They're a slippery bunch. Gotta watch 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back