For people who know me and go to comuity garden Phisboro (2 Viewers)

I was thinking, if there's someone opens the garden every morning or is in there, or there's a utility shed in it, maybe someone could source a medical sharps bin and claws from a hospital to pick up dirty works that could be brought out every morning or when needed.

I know people shouldn't be using the garden for those purposes in the first place but if the danger's there, there are ways to deal with it. Needles themselves are never very easy to spot but the rubbish that goes with them is. If people decide they want to do this and want help sourcing shit or advice on what to look out for, gis a shout.

It's a shame that even though drug users are provided with safe disposal facilities in hundreds of places all over the city some people are still so wreckless.

just read this - can't believe it. so sorry to hear, but hope you guys get the negative result. shame the garden's being used for that kind of stuff, but i agree with wormo's idea that a sharps box in der nahe might help a bit.

thinkin of you today ken, hope the hospital goes ok.
They have a mailing list, the community garden, not many people are involved with it at all so they probably all know by now. People here I'm sure are on the list and could let them know.

hey ken, really hope everything goes alright, fucken shit to hear that something like the garden can have a nasty side like that to it. Can you let me know where exactly in the garden it was? I don't know if there's fuck all we can do about it. I found a needle in my front yard a while back but i still live there. Just another shitty aspect of living in the city that we have to be aware of...

seaners said:
Can you let me know where exactly in the garden it was? QUOTE]

Dude I'd advise strongly against going near any of that shit without the right equipment. There's a couple of needle exchanges near the garden. You might wanna give em a call and see if they can come pick whatever's there up for you or give you the equipment yourself.

eh i hope people dont go into the garden as its all over grown and could realy happen anywhere in there but we noticed the wipes and tinfoil just near the herb garden their is a makeshift bbq qith a shoping basket with tin foil on it but i would strongly sugest not going cause of the overgrown grass and its not like i was wearing weak shoes cause i was wearing new hiking runners anyway !

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back