Pet Shop Boys, Burning Spear, Switch, Carl Cox and mo for Garden Party - Sat 9th June (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
Pod Concerts Present

A music event in a beautiful 18th Century walled garden

The Garden Party

PET SHOP BOYS

BURNING SPEAR

CARL COX

DONNACHA COSTELLO LIVE/ SWITCH

CHARLES WEBSTER/ SCRIBBLE ORCHESTRA

LES BIEN LIVE/ BODYTONIC SOUND SYSTEM/ THE REDSETTAZ/ NIC JAMES/ SHORTIE

Plus many more to be announced...

TICKETS ON SALE THIS SATURDAYMARCH 24TH AT 9AM

SATURDAY JUNE 9TH 2PM-2AM

Ballinlough Castle, Athboy, County Meath

Pod Concerts are proud to announce the return of the sell out event which marked the official start to the festival season last year. The Garden Party is Ireland's most exclusive, most intimate festival... with a limited capacity, tickets for this cult gig will again be the must-have accessory of the summer (limited camping tickets available for the first time this year due to popular demand). Spend the day lounging on beanbags or enjoying a massage or holistic treatment in between catching some of your favourite bands and DJs…The Garden Party is essentially a playground for people who know their music, know what they like, and like what they get... Which begins with the legendary British duo PET SHOP BOYS topping the bill!

“Postmodern ironists cloaked behind a veil of buoyantly melodic & lushly romantic synth-pop confections”, the PET SHOP BOYS “cheeky, smart & utterly danceable music” is set to resonate hauntingly around the 18th Century architecture and reverberating off the old stone walls of the beautiful garden when they

headline the Garden Party main stage on June 9th! The many musical genres the Garden Party encompasses have all been one time focuses of the PET SHOP BOYS who effortlessly hop from disco to house to techno to electro dipping in & out as they please, but always keeping their own distinctive image completely intact. “Satiric & irreverent but somehow strangely affecting”...

...Neil Tennant & Chris Lowe may have 38 UK top 30 singles since 1986, but their set at The Electric Picnic last year reinforced the popular opinion that the PET SHOP BOYS are in fact in a league all of their own as this show was hailed as being the best Electric Picnic performance to date, as well as being believed to be the greatest show of last year for PET SHOP BOYS themselves.

Who doesn’t know “West End Girls”, “Always on my mind” or “It’s a sin”?! From Liza Minelli to a U2 medley, Dusty Springfield collaboration to social commentary & a soundtrack for the 1925 film Battleship Potemkin not forgetting the West End musical “Closer to heaven” PET SHOP BOYS are a truly inimitable institution. We. Can’t. Wait.

One of the the few artists who can match the PET SHOP BOYS for longevity is the one & only is Winston Rodney, better known as BURNING SPEAR. Born in 1948, this grammy award winning Jamaican roots reggae singer & musician is nothing short of a legend, & this will be his first Irish appearance EVER and he has his ten piece band in tow... Another legend but along a slightly different music tip is CARL COX... How do you measure DJs popularity? By club bookings, remix credits, solo releases & mix CDs? Maybe glamour quota & celebrity status, or by radio, TV & movie appearance? By any of these criteria, CARL COX has the love. And he’s going to share it at Garden Party...

DONNACHA COSTELLO LIVE/ SWITCH CHARLES WEBSTER/ SCRIBBLE ORCHESTRA LES BIEN LIVE/ BODYTONIC SOUND SYSTEM/ THE REDSETTAZ/ NIC JAMES & SHORTIE will all be putting the dance into Garden Party artist attendance with a mixed bag of sounds that create a marriage between a club & a festival... Lazy daytime sounds becoming more upbeat until the sun goes down, the temp goes up & nothing matters except the music.

BODYTONIC SOUND SYSTEM is a concept devised by head honcho Tayor to showcase all the sounds and styles that BODYTONIC are into playing, promoting and producing. So basically anything in the field of soul, funk, house, techno, breaks , drum'n'bass whatever - as long as its quality they'll play it. Their tent at Garden Party looks like it’ll be upping the ante on last year given the purely staggering line up already confirmed...

Adding to the bill are the non musical elements comprising of ostentatiously decadent displays of cabaret, mouthwatering gourmet food & Pod mixologists shaking up fabulously tasty cocktails, the walled garden promises to offer the ultimate festival experience for those who find that they need more than just music. The Garden Party is set in an aesthetically stunning award winning walled garden in the grounds of Ballinlough Castle, one of Ireland's most picturesque stately homes. Nestled just beyond the 18th Century stabled courtyard, & behind a water garden that was rediscovered when restoration began in 1940; the beautiful walled garden stretches down to a honeysuckle bridge on the estate’s canal where the heartbeat of the action will be...

Beautiful setting, great tunes, good people.

Let the summer begin...

TICKETS ON SALE ...

Over 18's only. Subject to license.

For shuttle bus information from Dublin call

Tickets from €79.50 per day. Limited camping tickets €99.50 including booking fee & VAT.

Telephone & Internet bookings subject to €5.95 service charge. Agents €2 per ticket handling charge. All prices include booking fee and are available from outlets nationwide www.ticketmaster.ie / Credit Card hotline 0818 719300"

For further event information and up to the minute news please visit:

Re: Pet Shop Boys, Burning Spear, Switch, Carl Cox and mo for Garden Party - Sat 9th

PSB forever

Re: Pet Shop Boys, Burning Spear, Switch, Carl Cox and mo for Garden Party - Sat 9th

Course I am.
You gotta go dude, seeings as you left lekke pikkie earile and missed them.
4th time playing this fair isle, and 4th time I'll be there, up the front giving it socks

Now if there was only a way to somehow MacGyver my bycle helmet into a personal cinema sos I don't have to endure any of the other acts on the bill...

sure they're not all announced yet so you might find something else to interest you Ian. Oh, picked up Release for 5 bats at the half price sale in Discland Navan. Score.

sure they're not all announced yet so you might find something else to interest you Ian. Oh, picked up Release for 5 bats at the half price sale in Discland Navan. Score.

Fingers crossed... But I'd endure far worse for my beloved Petto's

Release rules dude, best 5 snots you'll ever spend

I know it's early days but the line up isn't a patch on last years. In terms of crowd, venue and facilities last years gig was the best one I've ever being to in thic country.

Bodytonic ruined electric picnic for me... That and the giant hoover thing.

Shut up already, damn

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back