Votes: 9 19.1%
  • No!

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • meh

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Poo Fighters

Foo Shite-ers

would it be fair to say, judging from the posts made, that we all liked, to some extent, the foo fighters until this cunt joined?

06084th.jpg

go back to Alanis you scruffy shit bastard

Or when this guy left
smear.jpg

I think they're great, New record is possibly the best since Colour And The Shape. Bleach is the only thing that keeps me saying Nirvana were better. At worst I reckon they suffer from being too prolific,like the last lp being a double was a bit much,but most bands are not capable of keeping interest for a full cd anyway. I also think Taylor Hawkins is a great drummer.

I somehow doubt a band getting a new drummer makes them start writing shit songs.

Anyway, Colour And The Shape is great. And they seem like nice lads.

So I say "yay".

the first foos album had the same effect on me as im sure nevermind had on peeps a little bit older who were around when it was released. ill never forget the day i got,'this is a call' on single. 'mazing. my first ever proper gig(michael jackson was my real first!!) was foos in the olympia before they got stupid big. opened with grohl and hawkins both playing drums on 2 kits. seeing grohl play drums was the best. and it was a long haired dave grohl. the REAL dave grohl.

pity theyve released so much shit though. but still watershed is one of my favorite rock tracks.

they were desperate at marley park.
grohl was overweight,couldnt sing his own tunes and they played terribly.
NIN moidered them,figuratively.

Love the first 2 albums, great videos, great live (Olympia gig was great alright)

Ive only liked half the singles in the last 10 years and still nothing close to the first 6 or so singles

I agree with most people in that I like the singles off the first two albums but I don't know why everyone thinks that they're great live. I saw them at Slane a few years ago and they were very underwhelming. Mind you they had to follow a blistering set from Queens of the Stone Age. God they were loud! Plus back then Mark Lanegan and Nick Oliveri were still playing with them.

largely meh. few ok singles/videos. woudn't be pushed on downloading any of their albums, let alone buying them. saw them when they braught over cave-in as support(thats who i went to see) average at best. also saw them at donington, where they struggled to ganner any support or enthusiasm, at also at slane where pj harvey and queens of the stone age destroyed them.

there is nothing left to lose? that is the question.

usually good live. good videos. some great songs. loads of rubbish on the last few albums. the new video kinda rips of pitchshifter with the riot police bit. its a decent song though hardly very original. foo fighters living on past glories thesedays.

saw them do the takeover mtv2 last week and they chose some good bands and videos
so all is not lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back