Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Here, everyone loves Foo Fighters. Everyone, everywhere, it really is quite a thing. Like at parties when everyone is gushing about FF I find myself having to tell white lies or dodge the issue by saying things like "yea they're a great band". I think they're good songs are just fine, not good enough to warrant buying though. But their "album tracks" are dull as anything. I was in a shop the the other day and they were playing the new album (presumably) and it was so dull I hope I never happen across it again.

What am I missing?

I think their first two albums are great, album tracks included

Everything after that is hit and miss bordering on boring shite, when Next Year was released as a single I jumped ship big time

Here, everyone loves Foo Fighters. Everyone, everywhere, it really is quite a thing. Like at parties when everyone is gushing about FF I find myself having to tell white lies or dodge the issue

What am I missing?

...a group of friends with good taste in m'you-zick.

FF's are a band that I can listen to & appreciate that they have well put together, well produced (a little too well produced for my liking) songs with good melodies but I just can't get excited about them.

They look like a fun band to be in but the music is a little soul-less.
It's basically fluffy pop-rock.
Even their heaviest moments are a bit sterile.

Like most people here, I only own the first 2 albums.

first couple albums were ok, the last half dozen (whatever) are SHIT. but not even shit in a good way, just in a bland, unimaginative way.

the Krab would eat us alive if he saw this Anthony.

Even when it’s really loud, even when you turn it up really loud yourself, it’s not really that loud at all.

I got one album somewhere. It did nothing for me.
Still, I’ll listen to the singles and watch the video’s without complaining.

do people still think of the foo fighters as "the band dave grohl started after nirvana"? i've always thought of them like that, but i was talking to my youngest brother about them a while ago, and broadly speaking, he thinks of them as a band "in their own right," so to speak.

there was a review of foos stuff i was reading a while ago that was making the same sort of point: for most of their current fanbase, the foos are a 'proper' band, in and of themselves, and not an outgrowth of another, better band, which is how i've always thought of them (having always listened to them in the context of having been a teenage nirvana fan).

i've heard people say they're great live, and i've never seen them live - i've managed to closely miss seeing them about seven or eight times now. maybe that'd change my mind, but somehow i doubt it.

and to answer the question: couple of good songs on the first two albums, downhill after that.

I have one album.
The one with the heart on the cover.
Got it as a present.
Prolly only listened to it once all the way through.

i got the first one when it came out. liked some of it but now i don't care if i never hear another song by them ever again.
i like grohl. he is a funny dude.

do people still think of the foo fighters as "the band dave grohl started after nirvana"? i've always thought of them like that, but i was talking to my youngest brother about them a while ago, and broadly speaking, he thinks of them as a band "in their own right," so to speak.

totally, most teens buying FF records were tots when Kurt died and I would say they easily outsold Nirvana records by now, easily...

first album good, second album, meh, everything else rubbish...

the color and the shape is a really really good album. up ubtil their last two album their singles were generally strong. they're just crap now.

In keeping with the thread I liked their early stuff, saw them live twice at festivals and they were great but wouldn't buy an album or go out of my way to see them.

They seem like a fun bunch in interviews which always helps the likeability factor.

would it be fair to say, judging from the posts made, that we all liked, to some extent, the foo fighters until this cunt joined?

06084th.jpg

go back to Alanis you scruffy shit bastard

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back