FOGGY NOTIONS PRESENTS STARS OF THE LID + VERY SPECIAL GUEST (5 Viewers)

Foggy

FOGGY NOTIONS PRESENTS:
STARS OF THE LID
PLUS VERY SPECIAL GUEST ULRICH SCHNAUSS
NOV 23RD, WHELANS, WEXFORD ST
TICKETS WAV, TICKETMASTER, CITY DISCS, ROAD

"I simply feel that they are making the most important music of the 21st century." Ivo Watts-Russell - 4AD label founder

Originally formed in Austin, Texas on Christmas day 1992, Stars of the Lid have scratched out quite a niche for themselves in the amorphous world of ambient classical music. The band's name refers to “your own personal cinema, located between your eye and eyelid”, suggesting the colors and patterns one can see with closed eyes.
From their almost-rock beginnings to the almost-classical fugues of recent albums, Stars of the Lid have excelled at designing subtle, minimalist epics, which sound like they're being played on a single multifaceted organic instrument. Their double LP Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid, was released in 2001 to rave reviews and on April 7, 2007, the band released triple LP album Stars of the Lid and Their Refinement of the Decline.

www.myspace.com/starsofthelid
www.brainwashed.com/sotl

Ulrich Schnauss was born in northern Germany fishing port Kiel in 1977. During his formative years he grew a love for a broad spectrum of music ranging from My Bloody Valentine to Tangerine Dream, Chapterhouse to early bleep & breakbeat tracks. He released his first album Far Away Trains Passing By on the City Centre Offices label in 2001. His 2003 follow-up A Strangely Isolated Place quickly became a benchmark for musicians striving to synthesize electronic music with the influence of Kevin Shields and Robin Guthrie. Schnauss’ current album Goodbye, was completed in early 2007. It was released in Europe by Independiente Records in June 2007. This performance follows his sold out Sugar Club in 2006.

www.myspace.com/ulrichschnauss

dye know what? im fucking pissed off. i have to work that night AND for pinback two days later.
i might die of cry that im missing this.

i thought it was quite decent, lot more erratic though than his usual material.
anyways stars of the lid shud be worth 16.50 alone, support or no support.

There will be a special limited edition CD available for sale on the upcoming STARS OF THE LID European/North American tours. Carte-de-Visite. It is a collection of unreleased out-takes, and a couple pieces of music from long out of print vinyl 12 inches. This will not be available in stores. Here we have one track availible for listening: "Slight on the Childproof"
stars_of_the_lid-carte_de_visite.jpg

"CARTE-DE-VISITE" track listing.

1- THE MOUTHCHEW (PART.2)
2- J.P.R.I.P.
3- REQUIEM STRING MELODY
4- PORCH (VERSION #28)
5- THE KRAUT
6- SLIGHT ON THE CHILDPROOF
7- VIRGINIA (20.03)
8- HUNTING FOR POPS
9- THE FUNEREAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back