Flyer for gig (1 Viewer)

So em.......Did all o youz go? I knew Lizzie was there. Thanks for the heckling. Ah no, cheers for coming. It still wasn't good enough for me soundwise, but we'll put it down as experience. Some complete breakdowns in equipment, like keyboard crash on the first song, then no 2nd guitar on the 3rd one. Jayzus!! Most of the songs survived some nasty glitches. I really couldn't hear shit on the last four, but we recorded it onto minidisc from the desk. And we listened to it. It sounded alot better than what was on the monitors. thank fuck. Anyway cheers ......next one in Da2. sound ;)

.|..| the !bog

Originally posted by Speed Racer
East Avenue Mission were deadly. I really enjoyed them. Great Keyboard player/singer. Thats one to watch alright.:cool:

hey, these boys could go all the way! they could really make it! they could blow up in a big way! they could crack the market! they could be huge! they could go supernova! they're the next big thing! the stars of tomorrow! the insiders hot-tip! they're gonna be massive! they could go platinum! double-platinum! is this truly the only world i can live on!?!

Originally posted by silo
hey, these boys could go all the way! they could really make it! they could blow up in a big way! they could crack the market! they could be huge! they could go supernova! they're the next big thing! the stars of tomorrow! the insiders hot-tip! they're gonna be massive! they could go platinum! double-platinum! is this truly the only world i can live on!?!

Eh up? You feeling ok? YOu want a foot rub?

Eh up? You feeling ok? YOu want a foot rub?

in a word: nofuckingway.

and another thing.

your band is called the spiders.

you've got a signature from low.

what's the deal with the bowie schtuff? are you one of the ones who thinks our dave invented the internet along with al gore?

in a word: nofuckingway.

and another thing.

your band is called the spiders.

you've got a signature from low.

what's the deal with the bowie schtuff? are you one of the ones who thinks our dave invented the internet along with al gore?

The name thing happened by us picking out from two lists we made separatley. The spiders was on both. So we said snap! We weren't even thinking when we wrote them down. My signature is from one of my favourite songs ever 'Sound and Vision' from Low. So what? I think David Bowie is a genius, but I don't want to be him or anything. I'm not that deluded. If I was I would've formed a covers band. no thanks. Whats the deal with your avatar like?

Also, are you happy right now?

Whats the deal with your avatar like?

huh?

it says 'everybody dead'. which is either an obscure sartrian reference to the implications of the concept of "hell is other people", or else it's a part of the cover of a well known album released last year. you choose. plus, it rocks like a bucket of liquid pantera albums.

Also, are you happy right now?

honestly? not particularly. not that i'm sad. i'd prefer to have a worthwhile job and that g.z.c.d. people would answer emails quicker, and a few other niggling things, but really no. i've also no idea why i'm telling you this.

huh?

it says 'everybody dead'. which is either an obscure sartrian reference to the implications of the concept of "hell is other people", or else it's a part of the cover of a well known album released last year. you choose. plus, it rocks like a bucket of liquid pantera albums.

honestly? not particularly. not that i'm sad. i'd prefer to have a worthwhile job and that g.z.c.d. people would answer emails quicker, and a few other niggling things, but really no. i've also no idea why i'm telling you this.

......tell me more, ah no. Fair enough, same reasons I used sound and vision in a signature. Fridays make me thirsty. Are you in a band?

huh?

I found GZCD answer email quickly but they work 8 to 4 czech time - so if you contact them during daytime here you only get them up to lunchtime or thereabouts. Although when I spoke to them last they mentioned something about 'messin with silo's head' or something.

Originally posted by Mumblin Deaf Ro
I found GZCD answer email quickly but they work 8 to 4 czech time - so if you contact them during daytime here you only get them up to lunchtime or thereabouts. Although when I spoke to them last they mentioned something about 'messin with silo's head' or something.

aaaarrrgggghhhh! yizzer all agaisnt meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
If you have shitty sound it's down to one of three things
3 :
Unbalanced levels on stage.

When you've got an enthusiastic drummer low onstage levels are not always possible
Recently I've been trying this - pointing my amp towards my mic, so I'll pretty much always be right in front of the amp ... this way I can have the bass loud enough for me to hear it properly (which is a LOT louder than just being able to hear it), and my body is between the amp and the audience so that they're not being swamped

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back