Flyer for gig (1 Viewer)

I was given a flyer by your keybordist (is that a word)

"bands only to soundcheck" printed at the bottom made me smile

Originally posted by nessy

- its just easier if its only the bands..... believe me... I go through this at least 4 times a week

no, I agree, it's just funny to see it on a flyer is all...
A first i wonder?

Originally posted by Ian
I was given a flyer by your keybordist (is that a word)

You know him? Jayzus, small world lark.

I hate people comin in during soundcheck. It ruins the buzz.

Awww, come on. You need to lighten up. Who gives a fuck if people come in for the soundcheck? You don't want 'em waiting outside in the freeze-yer-bollix-off cold, do ya?

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Awww, come on. You need to lighten up. Who gives a fuck if people come in for the soundcheck? You don't want 'em waiting outside in the freeze-yer-bollix-off cold, do ya?

Yep.

...why would ye want to come so early anyways? Sounchecks are annoying to hear and boring to watch.

ah theres nothing worse then the band who arrive in with a massive entrouage of mates and girlfriends, each one carrying a one single item of equipment to validate there being there, then they all wonder around getting in the way and saying stupid things like "uh make it sound more metal" and then they all take up a huge corner of the pub and talk loudly while the other bands try to get a soundcheck in. They are generally the group done up all metal but sounding like a tone deaf Bryan Adams with too much distortian.

Now days I simply won't get off the bus till all these types have been removed

Originally posted by Pantone247
ah theres nothing worse then the band who arrive in with a massive entrouage of mates and girlfriends, each one carrying a one single item of equipment to validate there being there, then they all wonder around getting in the way and saying stupid things like "uh make it sound more metal" and then they all take up a huge corner of the pub and talk loudly while the other bands try to get a soundcheck in. They are generally the group done up all metal but sounding like a tone deaf Bryan Adams with too much distortian.

Now days I simply won't get off the bus till all these types have been removed

How very Victor Meldrew of ye. :p :p

....ah no, that shit is irritating. Fair enough ;)

Ah, come on. Music is FUN - If you have shitty sound it's down to one of three things ( excluding incompetence on your part, which I know you guys don't suffer from ).

1 :
Shitty sound engineer.
What can you do about this? NOTHING. If the guy won't / can't help you out, you're fucked. Get drunk.

2 :
Shitty equipment.
See above.

3 :
Unbalanced levels on stage.
If you can't hear any of your instruments properly - move 'em. If that's not possible, start twisting those big old volume knobs. Here's a hint - try turning things down first. If you can't hear that guy with the bass hung just below his neck - try turn the guitars down. The average PA in any given Dublin venue is going to be unable to ( effectively ) give you anything other than vocals through the monitors, so you gotta get those onstage levels right before you do anything else.

You can't let shit like 17 teenage fools drinking vodka and coke they bought in the offy while you're trying to soundcheck get you down. It's not a library - it's a bar. Private sounchecks are for people who play in the Point and shit. Thank your stars you're not getting fucked by a major label as we speak.

Ah, come on. Music is FUN

Fun?

hmmmm, fun.... interesting....

for me music is the bearing of the black raging of fire of ones soul on stage to an uncaring apathetic public fat from gouging on pop culture... its a painful primal experience, trying to manifest the sound of ones heart, screeching in constant agnoy at the pain of the world, from pitiful bits of inanimate wood and metal. I see it as the only pure connection of mans soul with the outsied physical world around us, and to achieve this fully one must strip ones ego to the bone and bleed for the audience, bleeding from the very core of ones being.

you didn't get that from our set in Dorans!?!

;)

You can't let shit like 17 teenage fools drinking vodka and coke they bought in the offy while you're trying to soundcheck get you down.

ah you can when you're a cranky fuck like me

its just a pet hate

Originally posted by Pantone247
Fun?

hmmmm, fun.... interesting....

for me music is the bearing of the black raging of fire of ones soul on stage to an uncaring apathetic public fat from gouging on pop culture... its a painful primal experience, trying to manifest the sound of ones heart, screeching in constant agnoy at the pain of the world, from pitiful bits of inanimate wood and metal. I see it as the only pure connection of mans soul with the outsied physical world around us, and to achieve this fully one must strip ones ego to the bone and bleed for the audience, bleeding from the very core of ones being.

you didn't get that from our set in Dorans!?!

;)

ah you can when you're a cranky fuck like me

its just a pet hate

Do you enjoy playing live? Or has it lost its appeal to you completely? Does anyone here not enjoy playing infront of an audience?

..our band is what you would call really live based..in the studio it is much harder to recreate a live sound with everybody goin at the same time and get the quality, but what I hate about playing is when people just don't get your music..it happens to everybody depending on where you play..what support you got etc...you tend to get a bit more deserning because of it and end up being pigeon holed in a "scene"..It is shit goin through the motions when you are playing to a bunch of hairdressers(dorans most thursday nights.)

Hey, BBBaby - I ain't even talking to you until you get back to me about the gig. WhyIOughtta.

Anyway, don't mind me ... I've got the rock fever today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back