FLESHIES! (2 Viewers)

Cormcolash said:
So did you go to hospital in the middle of the gig or not? It sounds like you didn't but you should have, is that correct?
that is correct. i even managed to fit in another gig the next night , greyfaced and grimacing, before admitting something was amiss.

Alright,
For the full story re: split lips and eyes.

The singer from the fleshies (John) and that Italian guy Marco were left off at the hospital about 12. John rang me around 1 saying that they had told him it was going to be 7 hours before he could get stitched up, so he was going to hang out with that Italian guy who was also going to get looked at, then at 5 he rang me looking for my address saying the nurses had given him some paper stitches and he could leave but would have to get real stitches the next day in Cork.
He then got in a taxi with some asshole of a taxi driver who didn't know anything about Dublin and drove him round for a good half hour before he decided to say 'fuck it' and went back to the hospital to wait and get the real stitches. Paying the taxi man a good 15 euro for the pleasure of being driven around aimlessly.
So at the 10 the next morning he rang to say that he was ready to get out of there and me and two of the fellas from the band walked up to meet him. He ended up with 5 or 6 stitches. And they all managed to get back to the warehouse in time to get in the van go to Cork.
I think Marco ended up with a stitch as well.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Where were all the people for the Fleshies?
over the past few months attendences at gigs in dublin has dropped off pretty severely (apart from tragedy, which still could've been way more packed). the glory days are over.

damien said:
over the past few months attendences at gigs in dublin has dropped off pretty severely (apart from tragedy, which still could've been way more packed). the glory days are over.
My question is aimed more at the many people who seemed quick to criticize people for going to the Stooges but then werent even at the Fleshies gig?
I can appreciate the fact that people have more important things to do,and the facct that there are so many gigs on at the moment. But.....Ah well.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
For the record,I managed to go to the Stooges,see one of the most incredible gigs ever and then get to the Voodoo longe in time for the Fleshies,who also were great. Where were all the people for the Fleshies?

And that is not a dig at Jamie.
fucking better not be.

anybody know how the fleshies gig went in kilcoole? i booked one and left it in turloks hands but havnt heard anythin....anybody know anything?

that kinda sux the way people wint going to gigs....i know a lot of the kilcoole crew aint going too much cuz the thing is miles away from any kid of bus stop....which means ya have to leave extra early to catch the last bus or sleep on erins couch

Hey Dara,

they didn't play in Kilcoole... but some other German band (who I hear are shit) played the next night...

How's it goin' over there? Have you cried much yet?

Stephen said:
Alright,
For the full story re: split lips and eyes.

The singer from the fleshies (John) and that Italian guy Marco were left off at the hospital about 12. John rang me around 1 saying that they had told him it was going to be 7 hours before he could get stitched up, so he was going to hang out with that Italian guy who was also going to get looked at, then at 5 he rang me looking for my address saying the nurses had given him some paper stitches and he could leave but would have to get real stitches the next day in Cork.
He then got in a taxi with some asshole of a taxi driver who didn't know anything about Dublin and drove him round for a good half hour before he decided to say 'fuck it' and went back to the hospital to wait and get the real stitches. Paying the taxi man a good 15 euro for the pleasure of being driven around aimlessly.
So at the 10 the next morning he rang to say that he was ready to get out of there and me and two of the fellas from the band walked up to meet him. He ended up with 5 or 6 stitches. And they all managed to get back to the warehouse in time to get in the van go to Cork.
I think Marco ended up with a stitch as well.

7 hours for stitches, thats fuckin ridiculous! The two times I split my head open, it took at most 2 hours to get it sorted so I could leave the hospital. I got 7 staples in the head in Limerick in time to get back for the end of the gig and all!

jillface said:
How's it goin' over there? Have you cried much yet?
no no cryin yet.....gonna be on a bus for the next 26 hours later on today so there very well might be some crying soon.

went to a thievig liars gig last night, twas deadly fun.....twas in the gheto yo!
anyway better go pack me shite....take care, and good luck with all the gz stuff thats coming up.
dar

Gazzer,
where in Dublin can I engage in an economic transaction that results in me possessing above mentioned item?
The two albums I have are quiet excellent.

"What would happen if we armed the homeless!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back