flat caps (1 Viewer)

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
looking for a good quality flat cap. tried arnotts but their not great quality and all too big. anyone know anywhere else?

lg_black_tweed_flat_cap.jpg

Clearys.Auld geezer department.

actually, theres a place on Nassau street.Beside that tourist shop.Near Knobs and Knockers.

so many of these doing the rounds now. i applaud the reemergence of the hat as an essential. but can't we get down with a decent fedora?

so many of these doing the rounds now. i applaud the reemergence of the hat as an essential. but can't we get down with a decent fedora?

Agreed.I sport one myself on occasion.
Rarely wear it out though because I'm afraid I'll lose it.

Agreed.I sport one myself on occasion.
Rarely wear it out though because I'm afraid I'll lose it.
when did man lose his love of the hat? you could write a thesis on it. i love old pickters, i saw one recently of michael collins giving a rally. hundreds of lads in the crowd, each wearing a hat, and nary a woman to be seen anywhere. that's the dream lads, hats, no birds, a pint of porter and a politician saying something you can believe. sniff.

when did man lose his love of the hat? you could write a thesis on it. i love old pickters, i saw one recently of michael collins giving a rally. hundreds of lads in the crowd, each wearing a hat, and nary a woman to be seen anywhere. that's the dream lads, hats, no birds, a pint of porter and a politician saying something you can believe. sniff.

theres a theory that its all JFKs fault; he was the first major world figure to consistently go hatless in public.
Id long for the days of hats and cotamors to make a comeback(rifles and bandoliers not so much)

wh09_t01.jpg

guy in an old man clothes shop in cork told me flat caps are called "sprogans" in ireland. another shop i went into had a french guy working there that looked at me funny when i was trying on the flat caps and said "sir....these hats.....these hats are for the middle man..". funk dat! back in the day bairns used to wear 'em.

31TCX3GWAWL._AA280_.jpg

theres a theory that its all JFKs fault; he was the first major world figure to consistently go hatless in public.
Id long for the days of hats and cotamors to make a comeback(rifles and bandoliers not so much)

wh09_t01.jpg
lee harvey oswald: hat lover.

jack ruby is wearing his hat when he shot oswald. funny that. "i gotta go and kill a man, which hat will wear?"

it's hard to wear a proper hat and not feel like you're dressing up for halloween these days

:(

if you're going to wear a hat you also have to wear nice clothes.
Flat Caps/Brimmed Hats/whatever and Celtic Jerseys/Hoodies/Jeans should not be mixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back