First gig (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
Originally posted by binky
a guy who had his back pierced eight times on stage with fish-hooks which were then tied to a shopping trolley full of scrap which he dragged around behind him while howling into a mic.

i had to use a piece of a bank card for a plectrum and consquently ended up shredding my fingers on the strings - there was much blood.

at the party back at the ormond many people assumed that it was time to tear the place apart so many people picked up pieces of furniture to destroy oter pieces of furniture in time to the beat of a big guy smashing a huge table with a length of heavy pipe. eventally i noticed that some people were crying and trying to make people stop so i started to feel really bad. the end.

Jaysus Binky this is *pulp* if not scary

Originally posted by Speed Racer
So most people here are goin to the Wonky2 sow eh? Can't wait meself. Should be a jam packed event. How late does it usually go on till in there?

i'd say 8 till about 1 or 2.. it seemed to be much later the last time.
i can't wait either. woo yay!

[first band appearance: in barnstormers (capel street) playing guitar as part of a band making a musical backdrop for a guy who had his back pierced eight times on stage with fish-hooks which were then tied to a shopping trolley full of scrap which he dragged around behind him while howling into a mic.
mr hag played the drums. i had to use a piece of a bank card for a plectrum and consquently ended up shredding my fingers on the strings - there was much blood. it was some sort of big catharsis thing for him or something and was part of the farewell night for the cat's head collective who ran the ormond multimedia centre before the cowboys took over. at the party back at the ormond many people assumed that it was time to tear the place apart so many people picked up pieces of furniture to destroy oter pieces of furniture in time to the beat of a big guy smashing a huge table with a length of heavy pipe. eventally i noticed that some people were crying and trying to make people stop so i started to feel really bad. the end. [/B][/QUOTE]

I saw this on video, its been circulating the seedy collections of Europes blintellegensia for a few years now. Bleedin' mad shi' wha?

I WAS THERE! I WAS THERE!

(and toni spent the day before in school learning 'lyrics' for the gig. chortle.)

Originally posted by binky
First gig was singing debaser abysmally out of tune in a driveway in Firhouse in the early 90's.
First 'real' gig was in the Old Chinaman in 94 or 95 with a band called Holochrist (who stank), who, interestingly enough featured much féted designer about town Antonia Cambell Hughes.
She refuses to talk about it, apparently, but if she gets really famous, i'm goiong to put out a 'Best Of' for kicks.
We were super-shit.
Tons of fun though, and supporting Los Crudos and Ebola in the Attic is still one of my favorite gigs ever...

Originally posted by silo
I WAS THERE! I WAS THERE!
(and toni spent the day before in school learning 'lyrics' for the gig. chortle.)

Jaaaayyyyyy-suuuuuuss! Ya swear it was Bowie's first gig u were @ the way u two carry on!

the glories of 1st gigs-

.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| Here's from Seattle circa 1983: age 13, playing drums with my mëtal yodeler brother(who's now an opera singer!) and two friends, the bass player and I wearing DEVO energy-dome hats, doing UFO's "rock bottom" and some sweeeeeeëeeeeet Judas Priest...can't recall if it was "breakin the law" or some other loving ode to sodomy.|..| .|..| Räwk! And one of the last ones done sober:p

First gig was in the student centre in UL.
We were rubbish. Candibliss was the band and we murdered a load of covers + some originals. The highlight was a guy stripped down to his nuts grabbed his piece and started rocking back and forth like a mentalist. it ruined the singers 'fuck you i won't do what you tell me' crescendo in 'killing in the name of'.

Loads of drunk people.

Everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back