First gig (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
Originally posted by Dan

Like I said... times, they are uh becoming different. A new clean, sober daniel is on the way :(

nnnNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo!!

First gig:

In the Weir Sligo. Since closed I think. Got paid in beer. Played a load of originals most of them shit. Played covers by the bluesexplosion, The Jesus Lizard and the Afghan Whigs .|..| . We did suck though (more than usual )

Originally posted by 1984

LOL ;)

Been waiting 24 hours for that post.

I'm quietly content in how I look, what baffles me is how you manage to get through life as a Darragh Persil Lookalike...

Originally posted by Alex

I love the avatar! Who's old enough to remember what it is?

Here's a clue:

LOAD"*",8,1

Fuckin' nostagic nerd that I am...... ;)

I downloaded that C64 emulator 3 years ago for reasearch on a thesis and I still love it. Must have downloaded the exact collection that I had in the 80's buy now. I still love the title music from Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu. Cheeeeezarama.|..| !cheezy .|..|

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Sprite Boy, your signature is hilarious! I'm LOL-ing

I cannot take full credit for it! As I was out with Ian (Omo) one night with his fair lady I was a little dazed and confused to say the least! Then Ian said what I thought sounded like 'I'm Dying for a bit of Clit'. And I thought did he just say what I thought he just said? In front of his moth and all that!

So there ya go! It was a joint effort really!

dee not john
first stage appearance (in a pop and roll way): accompanying myself on bass in a hotel bar off mountjoy sqare in 1990 playing 'community games' by aidan walsh, i was so hyped i couldn't really tell what i was doing and played the quo-stlyle boogie-woogie one fret troo high and turned it into an atonal dirge (no jokes please).
first band appearance: in barnstormers (capel street) playing guitar as part of a band making a musical backdrop for a guy who had his back pierced eight times on stage with fish-hooks which were then tied to a shopping trolley full of scrap which he dragged around behind him while howling into a mic.
mr hag played the drums. i had to use a piece of a bank card for a plectrum and consquently ended up shredding my fingers on the strings - there was much blood. it was some sort of big catharsis thing for him or something and was part of the farewell night for the cat's head collective who ran the ormond multimedia centre before the cowboys took over. at the party back at the ormond many people assumed that it was time to tear the place apart so many people picked up pieces of furniture to destroy oter pieces of furniture in time to the beat of a big guy smashing a huge table with a length of heavy pipe. eventally i noticed that some people were crying and trying to make people stop so i started to feel really bad. the end.

Jayzus! Whats the story with those back piercings. And with hooks! I understand gettin the nose, ears, eyebrows, bellybutton area, tongue, lip, but fuckin hell, why get yer back pierced with fish hooks. Or even those steel bar things. Lord! When I was in San Francisco in 98 I saw this guy hanging from hooks in his shoulders which were attached to a bar on the wall, in a piercing/tattoo shop. Uuughh! It was the only time I've wanted to vomit just by looking at something awful.
Actually that memory has just made me feel queezy again.....:(

Originally posted by Sprite Boy

I cannot take full credit for it! As I was out with Ian (Omo) one night with his fair lady I was a little dazed and confused to say the least! Then Ian said what I thought sounded like 'I'm Dying for a bit of Clit'. And I thought did he just say what I thought he just said? In front of his moth and all that!

So there ya go! It was a joint effort really!

And he don't even DO the clih himself

So most people here are goin to the Wonky2 sow eh? Can't wait meself. Should be a jam packed event. How late does it usually go on till in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back