First Gig You went to (1 Viewer)

morrisey in the point. kinda the same as the reach out for jesus thing really.

I went to T.I.T (Testicles In Torment) in the fox and phesant around the same time but they were a death metal band from dublin so I dunno which counts.

Nomeansno in the Furnace in May '94 was my first major show (thanks Vin) and numerous ROck Garden/ Chinaman shows before and after. Nomeansno are one of my favourite bands of all time so I'm really proud of that.

Actually, I 'played'* loads more gigs than I went to in my pre-teen years. :( Exploitation or wha?

*for example, the Firhouse Community College, or Christmas carols for old people in the Mater

I went to pick up my sisters at MC HAMMER at the point. they allowed me in at the main entrance...I could hear the beautiful music pounding the walls. wow.

speaking of which, anyone seen "Too Legit - the MC Hammer story"??

First one I remember was Neds Atomic Dustbin in McGonagles in 1991 with my older brother and his friends. I drank cider and puked on the stairs inside. did my first stage dive.

seriously, what the fuck were they doing letting me in, I was only 13.

Wavioli said:
Unclealo said:
That was '94.

U sure?? with Hurricane and Jon Spencer Blues Explosion Supporting? I nearly got crushed by all the fat, sweaty, fat sweat heads in the mosh pit. It was great though!

Yep '94. I have one of those shitty cheap ass gig t-shirts that I still proudly wear. Fantastic gig. Seeing the JSBX blew my tiny little mind :)

broken arm said:
First one I remember was Neds Atomic Dustbin in McGonagles in 1991 with my older brother and his friends. I drank cider and puked on the stairs inside. did my first stage dive.

seriously, what the fuck were they doing letting me in, I was only 13.
Hey Arm, I hope u were suitably disturbed by that Rolf Harris track I sent u? :D

Wavioli said:
Hey Arm, I hope u were suitably disturbed by that Rolf Harris track I sent u? :D
holy shit. did you not get my second mail??

tooooo funny. I found it hard to believe it was him. :D

Unclealo said:
Yep '94. I have one of those shitty cheap ass gig t-shirts that I still proudly wear. Fantastic gig. Seeing the JSBX blew my tiny little mind :)
Ok. I'm a squilllion percent sure that show was in 96. a squillion. I was growed up going to gigs when it was on. Sepultura or was it Slayer? were playing the same night.

*prove me wrong :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back