First-born kid a tad brainier than siblings, study says (2 Viewers)

Tragically I moved out of home quite young, so my sibs never had the benifit of every REM album on C90 cassette, my collection of Pavement 12 inch singles and Neds Atomic Dustbin records... poor sods...

my older sister taped murmur off someone (it was also a copy - C90 to C90!).
I was listening away and then after the last song finished it had four songs recorded off the radio from the NEW cure album "Kiss me kiss me kiss me"! and thats how i got into the cure!

Yep, have to say, my bro had pretty amazing taste in music AND I got to wear Sonic Youth and Misfits T-Shirts to tennis lessons before I even knew who they were. (My ma used to dress me in these if my tennis gear wasn't clean and I'm sure my brother went spare.)

ill tell ya now you wouldnt have gotten on court in wimbledon with a misfits tshirt, its just not cricket to wear black.....

This is a load of balls (and I'm the eldest and of course the smartest). The reason the eldest scored higher in these tests is cos they're OLDER.

DUH

do we all agree that the youngest child is the stupidest thou?

yes. have been at home for the last few days, my little brother didnt bother getting up this morning to check what the cao offered him. like a fool i got up to check, told him he got his first choice (arts in ucc) and he just said 'grand' and went back to sleep.

also agree about the music stuff. grabbin all my rekkids today, have left em at home cos ive moved around so much in the last few years. empty cd cases all over the gaff. fucks sake.

My Dad got me all the early REM albums taped, when I was about 10 or 11, from some fella in work who was into that sort of thing. He stuck some Tom Waits on the end, obviously thinking he was doing me a favour. Scared. The. Shit. Out. Of. Me.

Downtown Train was on there, I remember thinking "what's wrong with this mans voice, and why is he singing Rod Stewart songs?"

actually, maybe that study might.... be... uh...

my older sister taped murmur off someone (it was also a copy - C90 to C90!).
I was listening away and then after the last song finished it had four songs recorded off the radio from the NEW cure album "Kiss me kiss me kiss me"! and thats how i got into the cure!

yes. have been at home for the last few days, my little brother didnt bother getting up this morning to check what the cao offered him. like a fool i got up to check, told him he got his first choice (arts in ucc) and he just said 'grand' and went back to sleep.

also agree about the music stuff. grabbin all my rekkids today, have left em at home cos ive moved around so much in the last few years. empty cd cases all over the gaff. fucks sake.

hmmm sounds like my brother in terms of attitude - except he is 3rd out of 4 and the most intelligent but just doesnt try.

he steals all my cds i leave at home - only yesterday i was listening to Stone Temple Pilots and big bang baby was jumping all over the place. to be honest it was an achievement that the cd was in the right box

he steals all my cds i leave at home - only yesterday i was listening to Stone Temple Pilots and big bang baby was jumping all over the place. to be honest it was an achievement that the cd was in the right box

jesus... stone temple pilots, blast from the past! they must have similar taste, most of my alice in chains cds are missing/scratched. finally found album of the year though, hurrah :)

jesus... stone temple pilots, blast from the past! they must have similar taste, most of my alice in chains cds are missing/scratched. finally found album of the year though, hurrah :)

here is that blast!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

notice at 2 minutes 40 drummer eric kretz is THE HEAD OFF Julian Barrett from the Boosh!

notice at 2 minutes 40 drummer eric kretz is THE HEAD OFF Julian Barrett from the Boosh!

bulb off him alright! give him a mullet and he'd be looking like a 2nd division footballer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

...beats the piss outta stone temple pilots .|..|

Julian BarrAtt, bonsai, have I taught you nothing? ;)

ha!! Same here - my mum rang to tell me Nick got his course, and I asked how he was. 'Asleep in bed' was the answer - I swear, I got way more points than the bugger and stressed myself out wondering how I'd got on!

There's four kids in my family and each one had it easier than the last - I'm a typical perfectionist people pleasing oldest child :rolleyes: Sigh. I bought Nick a Lush thing called 'To Drunk To...' the other day because I thought he'd get a kick out of it given that he loves the Dead Kennedys, and all I got was a grunt instead of a thank you!

He's robbed all my music books and a shitload of my cds too. Can;t fault the fact he has great taste though ;)

Maybe we need a 'ten ways your younger siblings annoy you' thread.....

ha!! Same here - my mum rang to tell me Nick got his course, and I asked how he was. 'Asleep in bed' was the answer - I swear, I got way more points than the bugger and stressed myself out wondering how I'd got on!

He's robbed all my music books and a shitload of my cds too. Can;t fault the fact he has great taste though ;)

Maybe we need a 'ten ways your younger siblings annoy you' thread.....

yes to all 3 of those...

edit - tell nick i said well done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back