Finding out the sex (1 Viewer)

Sufi

Im pregnant and will be going for a scan soon. Ill be 22 weeks by then and should be able to tell the sex of the baby.

Im between two minds on whether I should find out or not.
The dad wants to know but as he's not in the country at the moment
ill have to find out and tell him.

So those people who have kids did you find out the sex before the baby was born?
Why or why not?
Or do you think it makes any difference either way?

Im pregnant and will be going for a scan soon. Ill be 22 weeks by then and should be able to tell the sex of the baby.

Im between two minds on whether I should find out or not.
The dad wants to know but as he's not in the country at the moment
ill have to find out and tell him.

So those people who have kids did you find out the sex before the baby was born?
Why or why not?
Or do you think it makes any difference either way?

It means that instead of people getting you safe coloured baby cloths (yellow and white) they'll bombard you with pink or blue.

my cousins girlfriend had her scan adn was told she was expecting twins and it was a girl and a boy..when she went back they told her it was two boys..so dont count on whatever they do tell ya!!

hey congratulations...

my brother/sister in law decided to find out the second time for practical reasons - setting up the room, clothes etc. and so relatives could knit/buy the right presents

congrats, that's deadly

when we got a scan we weren't even asked if we wanted to know, it was just never mentioned... we sort of didn't want to know... but if they had've asked I suspect someone would've snapped and said "yeah"

it's funny, seeing as in this Modern Age there is no reason not to find out the gender it's sort of sweet that people still don't want to know

I never understood why someone wouldn't want to know, but that's just me.

I know people who said stuff like 'Oh, I want it to be a surprise' etc.

I think a baby coming out of me fleadh ceoil would be surprise enough :D

Plus you can get rid of half the trouble of picking a name for a boy and a girl.

Sometimes they can't tell in a scan what the sex is though, if the foetus is not sitting in the correct position to display it's wares.

congrats!
we did on both of ours, I wasn't sure at first if i wanted to know. But i'm glad we did. But we kept it to ourselves then.
I'm not sure if it's a man thing, but with our first, when i was told the sex, at one of the scans, it really sank in then, made it more real!
I think for blokes, it's often hard to feel involved during the pregnancy stage.
Once you know the sex you sort of start giving it a personalty etc. Figure out what sort of guitar pedals they'll need, that sort of thing, the important stuff.

Thanks guys,
I think if i do find out then i will keep it between myself and the dad.

I think your right what you said lemonbravo the dad is having a hard time coming to terms with the whole concept of having a kid. Also the fact that he's not in the country at the moment makes it a little harder. While im having all the wonderful pregnancy related things like getting a big belly, being tired all the time ect which makes it very real to me its harder for him.

Ive already decided that its going to be an interpretive dancer regardless of sex though. The world needs more interpretive dancers.

it's funny, seeing as in this Modern Age there is no reason not to find out the gender it's sort of sweet that people still don't want to know
i've heard that they don't volunteer the information, certainly earlier in the pregnancy, because knowing the sex means people bond with the kid more, when they're still not out of the woods in terms of the pregnancy concluding successfully.

Congrats susan!

Thanks Brian.

Actually thanks everyone. This has been quite helpful.
It makes a change when you ask for advice instead of people just throwing it at you.

Im begining to show now and people seem to take it as an opening to tell me the most horrific pregnancy related storys. If it all werent scaring the shit out of me already i get to hear about a friend of a friend of a friend who had a 36 hour delivery and a 11lb baby with a huge head. :eek:

Bossgal wanted to know. I did'nt really, but was'nt going to debate it. She assumed they check anyway, so did'nt ask. So they did'nt check.

Result.

And dont worry about it. you were specifically designed for this you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back