Ferry from London to Dublin (1 Viewer)

no complaints here. nice alternative to flying home with stinking ryanair. slept for most of the train and the ferry was pretty quick. will be doing this again

you dont need to book, just turn up at Euston and get your ticket. ask for a control card as well, as if they over book then you might get stuck till the Ulesses? leaves

right the people who take the bookings are thick and unhelpful. the girl i got didn't know dun laoghaire was in dublin, got pissy with me when i asked "difficult" questions and basically tried to talk me out of going because it seemed like hassle for her to place my booking. geebag. i hadn't even booked at that stage, just looking for info. gonna ask specifically for her when i call back and be a real nuisance
the guy who took my booking was very nice and helpful. clearly women are just incompetent bitches.

i'm stuck in holyhead for 3 hours cos i missed my ferry through a combination of rail strikes, getting slightly lost between euston tube station and euston rail, and taking two fag breaks between liverpool street and euston rail station. missed my intended train to holyhead by 10 minutes.
it's even more of a kip than i remembered.

i took it on wednesday. it was a delight apart from all the annoying cunts (ie small children) on the chester-holyhead bit. the lady i booked with on the phone was extremely helpful and pleasant.

Sounds a lot mellower than my recent trip to London on Ryanair.

did a roadtrip to london a few weeks ago to collect the rest of my shit and jam it into my friends car and come home. the boat is great. cheap and holyhead is a big pile of bollox to hang out in. god bless skimming rocks and car games

did a roadtrip to london a few weeks ago to collect the rest of my shit and jam it into my friends car and come home. the boat is great. cheap and holyhead is a big pile of bollox to hang out in. god bless skimming rocks and car games

holyhead is hellish but if you end up needing to kill time I'd suggest driving into the snowdonia national park...

I had to drive from holyhead to Cardiff a few weeks back and took the route through the national park and it's amazingly beautiful

holyhead is hellish but if you end up needing to kill time I'd suggest driving into the snowdonia national park...

I had to drive from holyhead to Cardiff a few weeks back and took the route through the national park and it's amazingly beautiful
ah it was midnight with two hours to kill and wed a mental drive back from metropolis so we were happy enough to listen to the locals shout at each other outside the seedy establishments. sounds nice

I had my first ever pickled egg in Holyhead in 1988(Its not something you forget).Heady days.

Aren't Irish Ferries really dodgy? As in the Eastern European employees are basically slaves?

Anyways got my tickets for this. Going out next Wednesday and back the following Monday.

Now, anyone got recommendations for sea sickness tablets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back