Ferry from London to Dublin (1 Viewer)

kings lead hat

SO cheap and good

£29 one way you can turn up 10mins before departure

Leave at 07.00 and arrive in Dublin port at 13.30

However if one of your trains is late you miss the fast boat-which happened me and you get in at 17.30

but well worth it if it works out...

and if you have a laptop there are plug sockets on the train and ferry - watch DVDs etc, just remember to bring a UK->Euro plug adapter for the ferry

I love the train/ferry trip from Dublin to that Lahndan.Great craic drinkswise.

and the views on the welsh side are amazing, suspension bridges- 3 castles, going thru tunnels in mountains, go thru a castle as well (serious) and stop at the longest name for a train station ever

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll-gogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysilio-gogogoch

if you get the proper fast one - info on seat61.com then its no prob and real quick

althoughit can and does go balls up, just happend me on way over , but still though got a lot of dvds and books read

SO cheap and good

£29 one way you can turn up 10mins before departure

Leave at 07.00 and arrive in Dublin port at 13.30

However if one of your trains is late you miss the fast boat-which happened me and you get in at 17.30

but well worth it if it works out...

and if you have a laptop there are plug sockets on the train and ferry - watch DVDs etc, just remember to bring a UK->Euro plug adapter for the ferry

serious old school.that's the price it was 20 years ago for the under 26 yrs ticket!

there used to be a deal where you could buy a ferry ticket and day pass for pretty much anywhere on British Rail for slightly more than just the ferry ticket.

No one knew about it.

Fuck planes.

You used to be able to get a walk on ticket to Hollyer for a fiver.Then blag a lift on the boat.Simpler times.

Or get Wilberts brother to hook you up with a lift off a trucker!

i went to norway some mad way once via Dun Laoghaire / Wales / Scotland / some Scottish airport and out into Bergen. It felt like a proper exploration when you were 18 or whatever.

It was a good laugh, you'd get off the ferry, and start jumping on trains, and train hop all over the shop. All day ticket. Classy stuff.

You'd always end up pushing it taking trains past midnight. Living on the ragged edge. Sure there was no inspectors on English trains after about 8 o clock.

on one sailrailing thing I got off a train at a wrong stop, or had to make a connection or something.
Long and the short of it was I ended up spending an hour and a half in Milton Keynes at around 10 pm.

It was actually (no messing) scary. Milton Keynes, after dark, is one of the most scary places on the planet.

If you can imagine a nuclear winter, this is essentially Milton Keynes at night.

sounds like a great laugh, i love ferries
the major downside of the daytrip to holyhead was you had to get off and hang around holyhead for a while before you could get back on the boat

yes.
Holyhead is one of the most shit places I've been on this planet.

If you are in Holyhead, you do not want to be in anything less than third gear.

sounds like a great laugh, i love ferries
the major downside of the daytrip to holyhead was you had to get off and hang around holyhead for a while before you could get back on the boat
not that much of a lugh when you have to get the overnight ferry and pissed traveller families start boxing the shite out of each other right beside where youre trying to get your sleep on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back