Ferry from London to Dublin (1 Viewer)

sounds like a great laugh, i love ferries
the major downside of the daytrip to holyhead was you had to get off and hang around holyhead for a while before you could get back on the boat

True story.

I had a sandwich in Holyhead once waiting for the ferry to come home. Train got in early.

I snapped a photo of this real gummo looking guy in the "cafe" total Deliverance job had the word HOLYHEAD tattooed down the length of his forearm.

Must dig out that photo. Scary stuff.

it's a very odd experience when you're used to planes turning up at dublin port and being asked 'which boat do you want, 8:15 or 8:45'. You mean..... it doesn't cost to change??

can you still get this sail rail thing? the website doesnt seem to exist anymore.

from what station in london do the trains depart? is there anywhere cheap and decent to stay either near there or near stanstead airport?

jaysis thanks for reminding me, i was about to book a ryanair flight home
it'll cost me 58 quid return and i get to go on a ferry, AND a train through wales! ace
a big shitty pile of balls to ryanair!

the map on the site though makes dublin ferry port look like it's in north louth - who made these maps?

980_small.gif

just booked a trip home for my mum's 60th, the guy on the phone was exceptionally nice and helpful! excited now! ferry!
£58 return from norwich, i'd have had to spend about £100 on ryanair plus return train to london maybe £40 and it would take a similar amount of time leaving safety brackets for check in etc. this rules!

TOPTIP

bring a uk -> euro plug daaptor and u can watch moovies on a laptop on the ferry

TOPTIP

was on the ferry only last week. I didn't have an adaptpr but the lady on the customer service desk offered to charge it for me.

The HSS (faster ferry) will give you an hour of free interenet if you ask for a token.

internet! come on now
what about classic ferry activities of staring out to sea, strongly considering a few pints, smoking out on deck, checking the game machines for abandoned change
on a ferry is no time for internet!

I just did it again..... no complaints........

London to Dub left at 7 arrive at 14.00/....... = great

£28

right the people who take the bookings are thick and unhelpful. the girl i got didn't know dun laoghaire was in dublin, got pissy with me when i asked "difficult" questions and basically tried to talk me out of going because it seemed like hassle for her to place my booking. geebag. i hadn't even booked at that stage, just looking for info. gonna ask specifically for her when i call back and be a real nuisance

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back