Female rock/punk bands in Ireland? (3 Viewers)

Green Goblin

I'm basically trying to put together a showcase night for women & girls in the music scene of Ireland - but it seems like there are very few girls in bands at all.

If anyone know of any bands, I would appreciate being put in contact them as I'm mostly drawing blanks.

actually i've never listened to them so i don't know if they're rock or punk, but they seem to play guitars

Fag Enablerz have a female singer and bassist and are a lot more punk than the aforementioned.

For the record, I endorse all groups put forward thus far.

Hunk seem pretty good, list Bikini Kill as one of their influences so on the ball for what I'm going for!

It's fine if there's lads in the band, as long as they have girls in it more than just playing basslines in the background.

Nothing's wrong with playing bass, it's just that a lot of bands with girls in them tend to relegate them to bass duties. If said bass duties were more like Flea or something, that'd be a different story of course. The same goes for really basic rhythm guitar, keyboard or drum work. Obviously that works fine for some bands, and in smaller indie-ish bands each member tends to be a bit more prominent in the overall character of the band, but I'm already pushing it a bit extending it beyond female & female fronted bands. I Don't want to have bands up that don't really do much to forward the general cause of getting more girls out there rocking, basically.

Yeah what's with this relegated to bass nonsense ? Is there some kind of hierarchy of instrumentation ?

As the singer and guitarist in a band, I whole heartedly endorse this new hierarchy.

So long as I'm at the top.

And I'm not in Dott. More's the pity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back