Favourite Summer Drinks (1 Viewer)

Cherry daiquiri. Bacardi, kirsch, ice, stoned cherries, a few maraschino cherries and syrup - blizt in the blender. Mmmmm-mmmmm!

.|..|

M & S do this strawberry wine cooler thing: strawberry juice, mineral water and white wine. It's only about 5% alcohol, but nice on a summer evening. About 7euro a bottle.

I always enjoy a nice tart, fruity drink of a summers eve. Vodka and Lemon, fancy organic ciders and so forth.

Spending 3/4 of an hour wretching up half a cupfull of green bile the next morning is the only downside.

i'm between drinks at the moment. Beers not cutting it, guiness is out of favour too. The only stalwart is whiskey and i'm running out of friends.

I'm the drink jews in the desert of liquid. Father? Have you foresaken me?

c0De_n1NjA said:
i'm between drinks at the moment. Beers not cutting it, guiness is out of favour too. The only stalwart is whiskey and i'm running out of friends.

Do you remeber that time you fell to your knees is the Spar in Rathgar and deposited an omlette of gelatinous, acidic bile on the floor.

SPLAT! ...sizzile...groan...

Good times!(?)

c0De_n1NjA said:

don't knock whiskey. i've got a naggin of powers in my bag.. i'm considering breaking it out if the thesis doesn't go to plan today and working the 'tortured artist' look.. or doing a tolerable impression of the guy on the right:
blackbooks.jpg

anyone love the mojito?
it zings with the lime, and sooooooths with the mint,
a must for us dapper metrosexuals.

egg_ said:
Also homemade Moscow Mules are deadly - vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. Not easy to get ginger beer in Ireland though

I make my own! Very easy - ginger, lemon juice, sugar, yeast - mix it together, put in a bottle, keep in the airing cupboard for a couple of days.

Oh and remember to let the gas escape every now and then or it'll explode.

For those of you who are fans of Koppaberg Ciders a recently opened bar on Thomas St (the Thomas Lounge??) serves the apple, pear and mixed berry!

Lefty Frizzell said:
I was in there briefly last week. The interior looks like the nightclub in eastenders.

Ask for "two teas" while scowling, next time

ICUH8N said:
next time

Never gonna happen.

Speaking of summer drinks, i had loads of vodka and bitter lemons on Saturday, very nice and not as humiliating as bacardi breezerz.

Brian Conniffe said:
absinthe with a dash of cognac and lots of crushed ice.
My 19 yr old brother and I have been looking for things to mix or have our absinthe with. I suggest cognac after reading this and he came home yesterday with a 35 euro bottle of it...:eek:

I mixed absinthe with cidona and it tastes great. it tastes great with everything, it's a miracle spirit...

i've been debating a purchase of a 20 year old whiskey.

if i buy it that'll be my fav summer drink

Which 20 year old whiskey?

Oh, if you like whiskey I definitely recommend Redbreast 15 year old... tad on the costly side but very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back