Favourite Emulators & Retro Games, post them for download! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Corm
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 4

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
Just to warn you, this is a total nerd attack.

In between writing a million essays & articles this is all I've been doing for fun lately...but it's a hella lotta fun!!

I've put up a Snes emulator (Zsnes) + some of the best ever games here, you just download it, unzip it and it's ready to go.

http://www.divshare.com/download/3011531-c9f

Probably my favourite game of all time is U.N. Squadron, it's included:

UN_Squadron.png

Absolutely amazing shoot-'em-up, the graphics, scrolling, action & music are all amazing. It's in the Xenon style, side-scrolling, total arcade style. I think I like it so much because it's a classy mix of realistic dinky graphics (it's all real fighter planes, they all look deadly, like micromachines fighter jets or something) and perfect gameplay. I never get tired of playing it through, used to go mad for it on the SNES back in the day.

I also put in some cool beat-'em-ups like Batman Returns, Super Double-Dragon & Brawl Brothers, other great shooty games like The Chaos Engine, Cannon Fodder, and Wild Guns, some cool platformers like Aladdin, Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi, excellent gnarly action RPGs like Flashback and Black Hawk, and then just a load of other classics like Bomberman, Lemmings, Zombies Ate My Neighbour, Bust-A-Move, Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, Sensible Soccer etc etc...

If you've got any cool easily-useable Emulators (Neo-Geo, anyone?) zip 'em & put them up on divshare:

Name: [email protected]
Pass: outofpunx

Anyone remember Jurassic Park 2 for the snes - not "the lost world", but simply a sequal to the first game? I remember renting it years ago and there being voice audio in it. I've never played any other snes games like this, so I thought I'd just mixed things up in my memory. Downloaded the rom recently though and confirmed my suspicions, are there any other snes games with actual talking in them.

Pity the gameplay's a let down.

Was that a top-down one? I remember the first one, it was okay but really frustrating when you'd search all around and never find what you were looking for. One of the first ever First-Person-Shooters too.

I put Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World in the Zip file. I'd never played it on the actual Snes, only on the emulator. I thought it was actually a pretty cool game, very like Alien3 (great game), though.

no it wasn't top down, it was a side scroller. it was called Jurassic park 2: the chaos continues. never realised there was a lost world for the snes. thought it was a saturn/psx affair

got pretty into my megadrive emulators a while back, especially shining force 2 one of the best rpg's fuckin ever! played that and 'road rash', 'zombies ate my neighbours' 'nhl ice hockey' and 'midnight resistence (fuckin deadly still). the one thing that struck me was how totally impossible some of those megadrive games were, even double dragon 2 was a bastid.

also started downloading games that related the music or bands as I wnated to do an article on it for 'The Devil On 45' - the mian ones i could think of were Michael Jackson's 'Moonwalker' and the ridiculously shite Revolution X about aerosmith, anyone remember anymore?

...oh yeah and rock n roll racing for that lovely midi version of 'Paranoid'!

Road Rash was savage!! Still have it somewhere for the PC.

Sensible Soccer was mad craic too. Nice one for the upload too Corm. Been looking for an excuse to play games lately. :)

got pretty into my megadrive emulators a while back, especially shining force 2 one of the best rpg's fuckin ever! played that and 'road rash', 'zombies ate my neighbours' 'nhl ice hockey' and 'midnight resistence (fuckin deadly still). the one thing that struck me was how totally impossible some of those megadrive games were, even double dragon 2 was a bastid.

also started downloading games that related the music or bands as I wnated to do an article on it for 'The Devil On 45' - the mian ones i could think of were Michael Jackson's 'Moonwalker' and the ridiculously shite Revolution X about aerosmith, anyone remember anymore?

...oh yeah and rock n roll racing for that lovely midi version of 'Paranoid'!

thanks to ebay meself and the quare wan have been living alot like that episode of futurama when fry becomes a millionaire.
Best megadrive game hands down is NBA Jam .its even better then I fuckin remebered , ......From DownTown
NBA_Jam.png

NBA Jam is a classic, I love the rare occasions when the lad flys off the screen for about 5 seconds and comes down for a dunk!

Deadly game! We used to be mad into basketball in Roscommon and were always playin that, me mate Simon figured out how to do an alley-oop but I could never get it, bastard!!

fifa international (first in the fifa series i think) on mega drive if the ref was gonna give you a card you could run away from him and he'd give chase, good times !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back