favourite ballroom? (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
with the ballroom's 1st birthday coming up, time for some melancholy reflections...

my favourite was the herv, papercop, last sound, formika night. great buzz and great music, everyone dancin about at the end. mahvellous.

obviously the one with the coldspoon conspiracy, holy ghost fathers, yakuza. Cause we gotta see yakuza for the first time and them being such nice folks asked us up to belfast.

Ballroom number 2 if I remember

Evangelists + Warlords of pez + whoever else was on. First Pez thingy I ever actually enjoyed.

The Chalets + Rollers/Sparklers + Gregor 57 one a while back was good too.

Originally posted by sparse
obviously the one with the coldspoon conspiracy, holy ghost fathers, yakuza. Cause we gotta see yakuza for the first time and them being such nice folks asked us up to belfast.

Ballroom number 2 if I remember

*ahem* yakuza, steerage , HGF and coldspoons...

Best one for me was the Herv/Papercop/The Last Sound/Formika/Everybody going mental to Herv Gabba. Nothing to beat playing a good gig, and then being able to stall around and really enjoy all the other music. It felt like being in the middle of a fucking great scene. Once I got a pint or two into me, I couldn't wipe the shit-eating grin off my fact for the rest of the night. A close second was seeing Gregor57 for the first time followed by Rompers/Spankers. That was a pretty sweet evening.

I wish I'd seen the Evangelists one. I love their cd and it sounded like hilarious fun.
Next one will be great. Cool to see the Wormholes doing so much lately.

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
It felt like being in the middle of a fucking great scene. Once I got a pint or two into me, I couldn't wipe the shit-eating grin off my face for the rest of the night
That's kinda what I love best about the Ballroom - knowing you're at the epicentre of cool :D
My favourite (of course) was the one we played, with all the rapping at the end

I'd like to kn ow how many ballrooms burgerbar has performed with one band or another... must be loads be the now wha...

A league table of Ballroom performers would be good. Who has graced the stage the most times. I myself can claim 3 appearances. Twice with Settler and once with Slow River School. I know Snakybus can match this with two Settler and one Capratone and also, Tim can match this with one Neosupervital and two Settler appearances. Who (apart from HGF) can challenge this record!
Probably loads of people now that I think of it.!bing

Thankfully there's going to be all-new bands for the Ballroom for the rest of the year.

Well... except for the Birthday Bash. That's going to be like the Golden Globe awards

Originally posted by Wilbert
A league table of Ballroom performers would be good. Who has graced the stage the most times. I myself can claim 3 appearances. Twice with Settler and once with Slow River School. I know Snakybus can match this with two Settler and one Capratone and also, Tim can match this with one Neosupervital and two Settler appearances. Who (apart from HGF) can challenge this record!
Probably loads of people now that I think of it.!bing

meself and donn have 3 appearances too... 2 steerage and 1 an hermetic collective.

Mr. Burgarbar is up there with les HGF, one with Omelette, El Diablo, Paper Cop and Mr. Creosote do 4 appearances.

Uncle Meat has played with the Nervous Pennies, Steerage and Maersk and holds the record for most consecutive sets played in the one night (2).

Originally posted by Unclealo
Mr. Burgarbar is up there with les HGF, one with Omelette, El Diablo, Paper Cop and Mr. Creosote do 4 appearances.

Uncle Meat has played with the Nervous Pennies, Steerage and Maersk and holds the record for most consecutive sets played in the one night (2).

drummers, wha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back