Favourite 20 year old albums? (1 Viewer)

a good year...

67361-56851_p.jpg

Chapterhouse-Whirlpool-352608-260x260.jpg

better than Red Medicine, End Hits and Instrument Soundtrack.

I think Repeater is by far the weakest. A Steady Diet is pretty strong.

End Hits is definitely my favourite Fugazi album and Red Medicine is fookin' brill apart from one or three weak tracks (that instrumental one in the middle is quite plodding).

Spiderland gets my '91 vote. I can't really think of much else. Apart from Badmotorfinger.

MatthewSweetGirlfriend.jpg

Yes I know.
But I liked it OK

I bought the reissue on the strength of the rave "lost classic" status it had achieved and (mainly) because of the cover. Even the liner notes make it sound like Robert Quine is going to skrag it out with some mental guitar but then..... huh? Is that it? Very disappointing.

I bought the reissue on the strength of the rave "lost classic" status it had achieved and (mainly) because of the cover. Even the liner notes make it sound like Robert Quine is going to skrag it out with some mental guitar but then..... huh? Is that it? Very disappointing.

It suffers terribly from being overly long, like a lot of albums at the time when CD were relatively new. There is still the bones of a great album in there with a bit of editing.

Also
I think that slightly the slightly countrified rock thing has been done to death since, but was new enough, to me at any rate, at the time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think Repeater is by far the weakest. A Steady Diet is pretty strong.

End Hits is definitely my favourite Fugazi album and Red Medicine is fookin' brill apart from one or three weak tracks (that instrumental one in the middle is quite plodding).

Spiderland gets my '91 vote. I can't really think of much else. Apart from Badmotorfinger.

you're off your rocker. Repeater is a classic. End Hits is a dud.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back