• The Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Works

• A Kind Of Magic

• Total voters
most defiantly, Live magic is still great but not a patch on live killers

i only have it on tape from back in the day but its the longest album ever - its over 90 mins on tape as far as the 13 year old me can rememeber? It sometimes wore out my walkman on one play!! "Death on Two Legs"!

Was going to start a thread on Queen, but found this one.

I don't think I have a favourite Queen album - anytime I listened to the albums I felt let down as the the singles (and therefore the Greatest Hits) were miles better than the album material.

Anyone changed their minds over the last few years?

Have the Queen albums been re-released and re-mastered with B-Sides yet or are we waiting for this money grabbing opportunity to happen still?

"sheer heart attack". but - aside from the wonderfully perfect "killer queen" - my favourite queen songs remain "seven seas of rye" and "dont stop me now". S.H.A. is one of the best albums i have ever heard.
Indeed. I voted the debut though cos it was the one that opened up their 70's era for me and showed me they were more than the 80's stuff that I'd grown up with.

Flash Gordon,very closely followed by Sheer Heart Attack. I don't think I've ever heard the first one strangely.

Queen gives some idea of what was coming but mostly turgid stuff. Still very much under the shadow of Hoople. Thinking recently how much some of my favourite Queen writing owes to the Beatles, esp the more eccentric and eclectic stuff. Bridges are being built in my brain to somehow rescue the Beatles experience for myself from the sea of warm vomitus. Life's too short for hating; on the other hand ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back