Fave Album of 2002 (3 Viewers)

oh yeah, i'd forgotten that murray st. came out this year. great stuff altogether. also liked a lot:

boc - geogaddi
dj /rupture - minesweeper suite
low - trust
cornelius - point (though not as great on cd as the amazing synchronized live extravaganza)

Uh...Sleater-Kinney One Beat "I'm a bullet in a soundwave" Heh.

Interpol Turn on the Bright Lights

Trail of Dead... Source, Tags and Codes

Uhmmm, it's so fucking hard to remember what albums were released this year:confused: Was Von Bondies this year? I liked that a *LOT*.

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf was one I enjoyed

I was quite dissapointed with Sonic Youths Murray street. I love the first song, and the 3rd, but the rest didn't really live up to my expectations, too muddled, Washing machine is still one of my favourites by them. I like that Ms.Dynamite album too, fuckin deadly. Live decent hipidy hop played by a good band, and a snazzy singer, its about time. Not the best of the year though. I liked Heathen by Bowie, some very interesting sounds on that, but the odd middle of the roader too. One of the wierdest albums I've heard this year was by Rufus Wainright, a genius on the piano, wierd fuckin music, like the soundtrack for gone with the wind or something.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
One of the wierdest albums I've heard this year was by Rufus Wainright, a genius on the piano, wierd fuckin music, like the soundtrack for gone with the wind or something.

:eek: I didn't think it was weird. I thought it was beautiful and I can't listen to it anymore because I completely overkilled it *sigh*. I love it, beautiful songs, beautiful voice, beautiful man. I think that album was the year before last though cos I got it last Christmas (2001, see?).

not sure 'the unseen' by quasimoto came out this year.
if it did - that by a mile. the lightning bolt dvd is amazing too.
i wasn't into boards of canada or dj shadow. the sigur ros thing was the most boring thing ever (only heard it once though).
other than that -

orchid - 's/t'
hella - 'hold your horse is'
themselves - 'the no music'
el-p - 'fantasitc damage'
alias - 'the ther side of the looking glass'
buck 65 - 'square'
the fucking champs - 'V'
sightings - 'michigan haters'
the flying luttenbachers - 'infection and decline'
the 2 Femme Fetale eps

all got/get played a lot as well as some other shit.
that jim o'rourke album is the shit.

aside from usual suspects (murray st., source tags and codes, geogaddi, songs for deaf etc.) a big fave for me is the latest Johnny Cash, american iv - the man comes around.

Amazing stuff.

Jim O'Rourke's album wasn't the best. I'd really like to get my hands on that "I'm a happy, and a singing, and a one-two-three-four". I heard it was coming out at the same time as Insignificance, but haven't seen/heard sight nor sound of it.

Geogaddi was creepy. There's something very eerie about the Boards of Canada.

2002 wasn't the best year for music....

LOW - trust
LARGE MOUND - raised on rock
NAD NAVILLUS - iron night
GOODTIME JOHN - four ways out of town
ONEIDA - just got it, its really fucked.
SOMADRONE - 10"...
the rednecks second one is good, sooooo much better than 36 rings which was pretty boring.

eh..............

don't like the little Tike's Bra much, parts are nice, but some of it is really fuckin' annoying "i need to see YOUR house from here...." for fucks sake.....

pete, is that hector sneaking up behind you in your picture with a sac full of goodies for you??

why are we doin' this?

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
:eek: I didn't think it was weird. I thought it was beautiful and I can't listen to it anymore because I completely overkilled it *sigh*. I love it, beautiful songs, beautiful voice, beautiful man. I think that album was the year before last though cos I got it last Christmas (2001, see?).

Don't get me wrong, I think its beautiful too. Amazing songs. Just wierd beauty, if you get me. Like an albino Ape. Or sumtin. So finely detailed, what a fucking voice he has too. Did You know his father was a composer too?

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Did You know his father was a composer too?

No way! Would his name be Loudon by any chance? Stone the crows!

And did you know that Enrique Iglesias's dad was once a singer himself? And that he played for Real Madrid?!?

Originally posted by snakybus

And did you know that Enrique Iglesias's dad was once a singer himself? And that he played for Real Madrid?!?

ah snaky. real madrid b.
very different team.

ah yeah

Here you should have a Jimmy Cake b team

call it jimmy bun

we'll have a worthington cup team soon, for those gigs less interesting than what simon does.

Y una puta mierda Autobus de Snaky! Pero Julio Iglesias no es un Christy Moore. La musica de Enrique es casi tanto mal de lo mismo aqui.

Da me El Ketchup

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back