Fave Album of 2002 (2 Viewers)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
here look, usen't it be all about the music?

It's getting to the end of the year after all, isn't this list inevitable?

hmmm, I liked Point and () and Neon Golden and Maladroit and Twilight by the Handsome Family (was that this year?) and Torino by Cinerama......of the non-Irish brigade. I've forgot loads but that should get the ball rolling. Not bad? Geogaddi, Lambchop's Is a Woman was good but they've done better. Wilco's album was quite good, but Wilco are always just short of the mark for me. Of the Irish brigade, the Tycho Brahe has just blown be away. Disappointment? Storytelling by B&S (again, this year?)

me like ticko bras.

can't remember any other album i bought this year.

none, like.

jayses.

emm, I guess I'll go by what I'm still listening to regurularly that came out this year...... Jim O'rourke's insignificance, and MurraySt, Is a Woman (for nite time lisnin)

dont have the tacky Bra album yet (hint hint, but dont all yiz buy it for me) but like what I hear.

also, Radar Brothers and Clem snide have been keepin it country for me.

The shine is going off the Sigor Ros stuff quiet quickly for me. Really beautiful but not enough substance or something....

Dead Langueges is a pretty nice album too, when I go back to it.

i've a pet theory that sigur ros are actually just a post-rock belle and sebastian. same whimsy and essential fluffy cutesiness, same lack of much to say, even the sigur ros artwork is typified by cutesy-wutesy drawings of foetuses with angelwings and the like. they're one of the few bands that have had me rooted to the spot when i've seen them live, but recently, well, nyeh.

foreign: golden "apollo stars" (shut up, yes you ... posters aren't printed yet... heh heh heh)

local: the bras "this is" (hands down)

lookin forward to new records by:
rednecks, jape, chalets, formika, don caballero...

yup, the thickos album is lurvely. and the newer stuff that i've heard at recent gigs is brilliant.

i too cannot remember what albums came out this year, perhaps due to my encroaching senility. "insignificance"? was that this year? that anti-pop consortium one aoife mentioned is mighty as well.

This year i have been mostly enjoying The last post(lots and lots), anti-pop consortium, dj shadow, rjd2, múm, amon tobin, sigur ros and bagloads of stuff.

keith fullerton whitman (aka hrvatski)-playthroughs

el-p-fantastic damage

trail of dead

Jason Lowenstein Zeros and Ones
MuM Finally we are noone
Pet Shop Boys Release
They Might Be Giants Dial A Song
Luna Romantica
Sonic Youth Murry St
Weezer Maladroit
JoA Distant Farts, Even Smellyer
Cinerama Torino
J Mascus and the Fog Free so Free

sonic youth - murrey street
jim o'rourke - insifnigicance
hot snakes - suicide invoice
shakira - laundry service
qotsa - songs for the deaf

oh, and the new dilated peoples one is vg too.

(hapi, are the cabies not all split up?)

my fave listenings this year (some older ones here that i only got me paws on recently - ok, so i'm cheating)

notwist - neon golden
boards of canada - geogaddi
queens of the stone age - songs for the deaf
hood - cold house
jim o'rourke - insignificance (2001)
pullman - viewfinder (2001)
pinback - blue screen life (2001)
tristeza - dream signals in full circles (2000)

I hae also been listening to the 'Big Trouble in Little China' soundtrack lots, the boards of canada album, the p brothers, the jimmy cake, simian and shag times by the klf, and the ultimate lessons album by double dee & steinski, cut chemist, shortkut and dj shadow. And Sharon jones and the dap kings lots.

moan moan moan

I felt Insignificance was a real let down, got maybe two good weeks out of it but I ain't listened to it in ages since... it just trails off in a very boring way towards the end. Eureka and Bad Timing I still listen to lots.

Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot or Stereolabs Sounddust (which both had the boy O'Rourke on board so I guess that makes up for it) are two of my faves of the year, but at the same time both bands have made better albums.

Tycho Brahe and the Neon Golden would be the other two, wonderful stuff.

Tycho Brahe is certainly up there. Wonderful voice, wonderful music. I likes a lot that Jimmy Cake album too.

DJ Krush's Zen was a treat. I play it while doing the housework. It might have been released last year though.

Sonic Youth's Murray Street was also great - a return to form and proving that Jim O'Rourke is a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back