Fascinating Tuning Article (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 2
Nice one, GOeer. This is one of Jack's best articles ever. It's a 5-star recommendation for everybody that plays and/or records guitars. Endino is the man on so many recording oriented topics. Ah, here's the link to the entire 3 part article on Jack's own page: Jack Endino: Guitar Tuning Nightmares Explained
Back when he was doing sessions out of my old studio, he was the first person to ever hip me to the idea of calibrating everybody's tuners so they were in with each other, or better yet everybody using the same tuner- it'd never occurred to me before. Suddenly my sessions got better sounding for that reason alone (plus the billion other things he taught me). Funny to see him in sessions intonating 2 guitars and a bass in about 10 minutes flat, while giving out good natured bitching about how totally wrong everybody's string gauges were. I can't remember if he's recorded anything with it, but in '95 or so he had a luthier friend build him a quarter-tone electric guitar (so 19 frets per octave instead of 12), picture each standard fret-spacing cut in two. I think he talks about the theory of this in the article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back