Faroes - Ireland (1 Viewer)

Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Wilson; Brady, Andrews, McCarthy, McGeady; Keane, Walters

That's not a bad looking team given current circumstances, but I'd say Shane Long must be wondering what he has to do to start a game for Ireland.

There are rumours on Twitter that Stephen Kelly had an argument with Tardelli and refused to get on the plane for the Faroes. Happy days.

Westwood, Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Wilson; Brady, Andrews, McCarthy, McGeady; Keane, Walters

Wilson and Brady in are improvements, if the tactics and attitude are the same then it's for nothing really. Is it throwing a bone to the public/press to finally drop Ward & Cox at this stage?

Faroes will really fancy their chances in this one, they nearly got a result aginst Sweden the other night and they surely must be well prepped on how to deal with Ireland.

I'm predicting another fucking farce tomorrow. Followed by a swift departure for Trap. I'd like to see either McCarthy or Keane get a stab at it. Mick has the nice guy thing going for him and we know what to expect. Realistically Roy Keane is not in the running, there is no fucking way the FAI could work with his expectations. He actually would want to win something and demand the facilities to do so. That's the kind of fucking craziness that meant he won every honour available at club level and wouldn't put up with fucking sandwiches and training on a car park. In a the state we're in the FAI even considering Keane would be like hiring James Cameron to do your wedding video. Plus the FAI fucking hate him.

Whoever takes over should be given the chance to build during this campaign, I mean it's a fucking write off as it stands. We have fuck all chance of getting points against Sweden or Austria and as for Germany away ? I mean literally anything could happen. I wouldn't want to get into the world cup the way we're playing. Imagine if we did a Greece and won the fucking thing ? the way we're playing, it would be even worse than Chelski parking the bus all the way to the CL last year. It'd be worse because we'd all be complicit. It'd be a crime against football.

Mick should get the job, he should be allowed to pick experimental sides throughout the qualifiers, see how untested players respond to the "big occaision" then have a few big name friendlies to do the same before the Euros qualifiers come around. If we're going to take a fucking hiding we should at least be taking it the right way, and for the greater good. The only way players who play outside the top division in England will ever get comfortable with the pace and technique of the internationals is by playing in them. International football is not what it used to be (I've said this before - pick any of the major footballing nations Germany, Argentina, Italy, Brazil, Holland etc none of them would beat their counterparts from the 1970s. Spain being the exception and all African and Asian countries would thrash their counterparts is evidence of the cultural shift which explains in part why this statement could be true, If you get me) But it is still a fuck load better than the fucking championship or reserve team and league cup appearances. In short Let the kids run wild and free Mick it can't hurt Irish football any worse than what's already happened.

But if that Stephen fucking Hunt prick or his fucking spud head fucking brother re-appears I'm buying a gun.

If they beat the Faroes and Germany beat Sweden, then it's all even with Sweden on points and there's a shot at the playoffs. Get rid of Trap now and there's a chance. I think Glendenning said it's €1.7m to buy him and his staff out of their contracts, and FAI may need the help of yer man who's already agreed to help them pay Trap's salary.

It will not happen but I am enjoying the Rafa Benitez speculation. He would be very good at it, I think. He's based in the Wirral, not too far away, he watches English football obsessively so will know the players and what they can do, and I think crucially he is very good at micro-managing his players to neutralise superior teams. But then again it didn't go very well between him and Robbie Keane, did it.

then again it didn't go very well between him and Robbie Keane, did it.

All the more reason to hire him. If Trap had any decency, he'd walk without demanding a full payout, but of course he won't, and I couldn't imagine O'Brien being willing to pay his severance costs (I think it's more than €1.8 million) given that the FAI asked him to stump up for a world class manager. Emmet Malone (arse that he is) reckons the FAI are trying to balance future ticket losses against some sexy manager who'll fill the Aviva as a means to determine whether they will bite the bullet and pay Trap off, which is just thick if it's true.
It's Trap's Salvation Army from here to this time next year lads!

was it true?

It was true that he he'd had disagreements/falling out's with most of them but it was presented as though all of them were his fault when the likes of Ireland, Andy Reid and Stokes were completely in the wrong and some of the incidents cited were real stretches to call them rows, like Duff retiring and Trap saying that he'd like him to come back be he isn't.

I'm predicting another fucking farce tomorrow. Followed by a swift departure for Trap. I'd like to see either McCarthy or Keane get a stab at it. Mick has the nice guy thing going for him and we know what to expect. Realistically Roy Keane is not in the running, there is no fucking way the FAI could work with his expectations. He actually would want to win something and demand the facilities to do so. That's the kind of fucking craziness that meant he won every honour available at club level and wouldn't put up with fucking sandwiches and training on a car park. In a the state we're in the FAI even considering Keane would be like hiring James Cameron to do your wedding video. Plus the FAI fucking hate him.
The fact that he's a shit manager might hinder him too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back