Faroes - Ireland (2 Viewers)

I think once Trap pointed out in that interview that Germany are actually way better than us and getting an absolute hiding off them is perfectly normal, and that we were excellent in the second half against the Faroe fucking Islands, that's when the FAI must have realised that we should really keep him.

I'm unsure whether I'll sleep now after reading the news. Seething.

I think once Trap pointed out in that interview that Germany are actually way better than us and getting an absolute hiding off them is perfectly normal, and that we were excellent in the second half against the Faroe fucking Islands, that's when the FAI must have realised that we should really keep him.

I'm unsure whether I'll sleep now after reading the news. Seething.

On the plus side, it's quite funny the number of journos who are made to look like idiots after this by running 'Trap will definitely be gone by the end of the week' stories (primarily those at the Indo). I think they'd sack him if they were in a financial position to do so. At least he knows he's teetering on the brink at this stage, if the team getting beating off the pitch repeatedly won't prompt a few changes in approach then the challenge to his own position might. Of course it's obvious what will happen, we'll get our hopes up yet again with slightly more promising displays in the 2 friendlies and then it'll be back to desperate hoofball, 30% possession and making the opposition look like football gods against Sweden.

On the plus side, it's quite funny the number of journos who are made to look like idiots after this by running 'Trap will definitely be gone by the end of the week' stories (primarily those at the Indo). I think they'd sack him if they were in a financial position to do so.

I assumed that they'd been briefed by high up's in the FAI who were in the opinion that he should go, there wouldn't have been a board meeting last night if everyone supported him. I think you're probably right though, the only reason that he's still here is that the sums probably don't add up when trying to fire him. In fact the Swedish result on Tuesday probably helped to save his job as it made an already difficult looking task for the team, finishing level or above Swedan on points, look much harder no matter who is in the job.

There was some journo's complaining on twitter last night about why they waited until last night to have their meeting, "are we actually at the point where winning against the faroes saves his job" but I don't think there was any point on having it over the weekend. The board probably didn't want to cancel their tee times anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back