Fargo (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 220
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 4
Yeah, it's in the Fenway. About 15 minutes away by bike.

There's also a better than decent bbq place near there - Sweet Cheeks Q | BBQ in Boston | Fenway

Oh I know where it is ;)

I used to rehearse over by the ... well it was the Landmark cinema.. god knows now... and have EP for dinner three times a week!

:(

That means you can go to the sox as well... damn you! I didn't realise you were in Boston!

I lived there for a decade and it's really my home in America... I lived in Central then Davis Square, then Comm Ave, then JP... worked in Harvard Square and actually my first job in Boston was in the Newbury Tower, which I'm sure has long since closed...

Good good times..

I think this is arguably the best first season of a tv show since The Sopranos. Breaking Bad and Mad Men didn't hit their stride until a couple of seasons in, and I think that in hindsight The Wire is slightly overrated. True Detective fell apart under the weight of its own expectations but is a close contender. I think it helps to have a single single director and a single writer, preferably a novelist who understands how to unfold a plot, do the whole season. Keeps things consistent. This show makes me so happy.

I think this is arguably the best first season of a tv show since The Sopranos. Breaking Bad and Mad Men didn't hit their stride until a couple of seasons in, and I think that in hindsight The Wire is slightly overrated. True Detective fell apart under the weight of its own expectations but is a close contender. I think it helps to have a single single director and a single writer, preferably a novelist who understands how to unfold a plot, do the whole season. Keeps things consistent. This show makes me so happy.

You've just cursed it dude. It's all going to collapse in a pile of shite in the final episode now.

It was terrific again this week though. Aces in fact.

Did anyone notice the shot of Malvo in silhouette with the angel wings splashed in blood behind him? He is the angel of death. This unstoppable evil archetype is a recurring motif in a few of the Coen's films as well - Anton Chiguh from NCFOM, Charlie Meadows in Barton Fink, Leonard Smalls in Raising Arizona, Sherrif Cooley in O Brother Where Art Thou.

tumblr_n70jvraLCF1r4jst5o1_400.gif

tumblr_n70jvraLCF1r4jst5o2_r1_400.gif

still...

There was a moment when I thought Lester was going to murder both Molly and his wife when his wife invited Molly into the house. I knew they’d go dark but not that dark. What a cunt though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back