Fargo (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 220
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 4
What did Tom Hanks figure out?
Why humans can see more shades of green than any other colour. He didn't figure that out himself Molly told him. He figured it out metaphorically speaking though. Great use of the original Fargo score in the finale. Really a 10/10 all round. From the subtexts of Judeo-Christian morality and family and community normality to the sublime Malvo sub-plots .The use of tension pacing and even the outlandish skip forward in time frame. I loved it. If it comes back with another series it'll be fucking hard to top that.

That was terrific, the whole thing from start to finish.

In a way I almost don't want a second season, as @washingcattle said, this will be hard to top. Though if one is announced I'm going to be really excited.

Non-football telly of the year.
It was really just like a great 10 hour movie. I can see why Noah Hawley wants to do this as an anthology. A second season with Molly and Gus investigating another spate of murders would be ridiculous. Still, I’d like to see those characters again in some form.

Will there be a Fargo season 2? Possibly, but probably not, says creator Noah Hawley

Fargo season 2 might not be on the cards, says creator Noah Hawley | Metro News

Fargo season one has ended, so of course now is the right time to look forward to season two.

Lorne Malvo is dead (at Gus’ hand), so is Lester (presumably) and Molly has been appointed chief of police.

Fargo was a beautifully shot, tightly written drama based on the Coen brothers’ film of the same name, and featured standout performances from Allison Tolman and Sherlock’s Martin Freeman.

The finale was incredibly tense, and Lorne – thanks to a chilling Billy Bob Thornton – is probably one of TV’s scariest villains. And who didn’t love the Minnesota accents?

Of course we want more, right?

So, has Fargo been renewed? Will any of the stars of season one be back? And what exactly happened to Mr Wrench?

Read our news round up to find out.

Show creator Noah Hawley isn’t necessarily interested in a second season.

He told International Business Times: ‘There’s always a gravitational pull, especially when things are working, but for me because of the way the movie ends – because she goes to bed and you know that was the worst case she ever saw, and tomorrow’s going to be a normal day – I felt like we would be letting the movie down by saying “tune in next season for the wacky continuing adventures of Molly and Gus.”

‘It says at the beginning of every episode “This is a true story”. And it just would not feel true to have: “Well that was a crazy case, but look what happened to her next.”‘

However, he is open to the idea of carrying on.

‘I think the conversations are about: “Is there another story we can tell from this universe that is as good or better?’

He also told The Hollywood Reporter: ‘I love telling stories in this tone of voice and making a Coen Brothers movie, you get a lot of leeway you wouldn’t get otherwise.’

Lester is actually dead.

Even though we never saw a body, Hawley says that Lester did die in that icy lake.

‘I never saw a body either’ he revealed to Entertainment Weekly, ‘but it was my intention that when he went though the ice he died, so I don’t think he’s out there lurking in the world.

‘He’s not a superhero after all.’

Will we see a Fargo/Hannibal crossover? Hopefully, maybe.

Viewers might remember Stavros burying a stash of money in the snow -so what happened to it? Hawley has the answer.

‘It’s a profound and terrible thing he’s endured, so it would be interesting to know where he is. I haven’t really thought about it’ he told EW. When asked whether it would pop up in season 2, he had other ideas.

‘That wasn’t really my plan but I leave it up to any other show now to find it. I think they should find it on Hannibal.’ MAKE THIS HAPPEN, TV LAND.

Bonus: The happy ending for Molly and Gus was always on the cards.

Noah told The Hollywood Reporter that he liked the idea of Molly being able to ‘move on’ from the events in the show.

‘As this huge thing happened, she had basically developed the family that was going to be her life from here on out. We shot it as a oner. There is a power of a camera following her in and her sitting down on the sofa and letting them breathe.

‘For the first time, we use the original theme from the movie, which is such a beautiful and powerful piece that I wanted to hold that for the right moment.’

So from Hawley’s answers over various interviews we can assume that there are no immediate plans for a Fargo follow up. However a spin-off of sorts set in Bemidji may be a possibility. Fingers crossed.

sooo...why wasn't gus charged with murder for breaking into a house and shooting an unarmed man?

i thought the whole series was a hodge-podge of horribly self-conscious, quasi-mystical flailing about

certain characters were great but i don't understand the massive praise for it

Linky

FX renews 'Fargo,' 'Louie' | Inside TV | EW.com

1-fargo_612x380.jpg

FX is renewing two critically acclaimed shows: The heavily Emmy-nominated freshman drama Fargo will return for a second season and Louis CK’s acerbic comedy Louie will be back for a fifth season.

For the anthology series Fargo, the story will feature an all-new cast, a different time period setting and have a new “true crime” story that will unfold across 10 episodes. Writer-producer Noah Hawley will once again showrun the series. “We could not be more proud of Fargo,” said John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks. “Noah’s audacious, bordering on hubristic riff on my favorite Coen brothers film earned 18 Emmy nominations—the most for a single program in our history. Fargo was nothing short of breathtaking and we look forward to the next installment.” There’s no premiere date yet, but Landgraf says it won’t be ready until fall 2015 — at the earliest.

The second season won’t necessarily have a major film star like Billy Bob Thornton, the executive noted, and suggested Hawley’s writing in Fargo was superior to HBO’s oft-compared True Detective. “I think True Detective is going to have to prove it’s not just a vehicle for movie stars [next season],” Landgraf said. “[True Detective creator NicPizzolatto] is going to have to write something truly great every single year. I think Noah has already proven he can write something really great … I think we needed Billy Bob [to launch the show] but we don’t need somebody next year. Frankly, I think we can do it with unknowns — [newcomer] Allison Tolman brought as much to Fargo as Billy Bob.”

sooo...why wasn't gus charged with murder for breaking into a house and shooting an unarmed man?
Because he was banging the police chief.

i thought the whole series was a hodge-podge of horribly self-conscious, quasi-mystical flailing about

certain characters were great but i don't understand the massive praise for it
I thought that about True Detective to a certain extent but the difference here is that Fargo never got Po faced. It always felt to me like they were being a bit tongue in cheek and ribbing the audience a bit. There was a great sense of fun about Billy Bob's devilishness. More a Divil than the Devil. I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back