facebook ate my brain (1 Viewer)

Being on/off social media - overall its a behavoiral thing to me.

I scroll stupid insta a lot, don't really bother with fb, chats on thumped mostly and whatsapp for pints.

I remember people leaving thumped because they were just too fucking cool and then doing exactly what they did on thumped on other social media platforms - to me thats interesting in a human level. Like you get new shoes and think you are gonna walk different for 36 hours or something.
Most of the time at work* i've no time for even talking shit on here mostly.

Think I'm rambling now all told. I feel like i should sit down and chat to myself about what i like/dislike about all these platforms.

Anywhoo my siblings are not 'early adopters' so i'll be fb tethered for a while yet...

I don’t go to a whole lot of gigs any more so I think I’ll get rid of Facebook (at least for a while) once the wedding is over. I was in a few good book groups on it but I can find recommendations on Reddit.
I like BeReal too but I’ve only Hives, my daughter and her friend on it. It’s a nice little snapshot into their day.

I don’t even post on Facebook much anymore. I don’t like a lot of people knowing the stupid shit I get myself in to, because my family are annoying dickheads and never let anything go. I mean they great and I love them, but they’re also the worst people I’ve ever met.
The only one I’m using on a regular basis is Instagram. And that’s just for band stuff and finding out about decent small gigs that are on. I have personal Instagram and Facebook accounts that I log on to about once every couple of months but never post on. That’s my total interaction with social media these days

My uncle hates Eamon Ryan so much.

I would never know this if it weren't for FB. It's an interesting insight into the underbelly of stupidness that exists in Irish political "discourse". He's smarter then most even if I disagree with him. I just wish he knew that the stuff he posts doesn't just go away. God knows we've all learned that the hard way. But anyway, I love and respect him and all, but it's still poison in the ear. But I can't ignore it.

I would disagree.
People on their FB and Twitter silo's are having a circle jerk. This Thumped lot remain perennially and peripetically unsatisfied.

My uncle hates Eamon Ryan so much.

Teh national avatar for hating things. I *once* went in on challenging **internet eamon ryan hating person** and realised within five sentences that it was more a case that they'd just been handed a a few sentences off some whatsapp or social media or whatver and hadn't done enough reading to assertain wether they like, disliked, agreed or disagreed with ryan, more they were parroting the online tropes which are probably fianna fail astroturfing in any case.

It mostly boils down to a kinda 'If it wasn't for eamon ryan there wouldn't be any consequences to living one of the most hyperconsumptive lifestyles on planet earth' from what i can see. bring back the 90's, old man yelling at clouds etc etc etc

Teh national avatar for hating things. I *once* went in on challenging **internet eamon ryan hating person** and realised within five sentences that it was more a case that they'd just been handed a a few sentences off some whatsapp or social media or whatver and hadn't done enough reading to assertain wether they like, disliked, agreed or disagreed with ryan, more they were parroting the online tropes which are probably fianna fail astroturfing in any case.

It mostly boils down to a kinda 'If it wasn't for eamon ryan there wouldn't be any consequences to living one of the most hyperconsumptive lifestyles on planet earth' from what i can see. bring back the 90's, old man yelling at clouds etc etc etc
I gave that an "I" rather than a thumbs up because I just find the vitriol bizarre. I am detached of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back