F/S 1937 National Duolian Resonator (Collectors Item) (1 Viewer)

tearjerk

F/S 1937 National Duolian Resonator Guitar (collectors item)
I am reluctantly selling this American Classic steel guitar. Its going on e-bay next week but i thought i give someone the chance to buy it locally first.
"National guitars are a unique and almost magical invention that are a fantastic welding of European craftsmanship, "modern" manufacturing techniques and that almost half-crazy, laterally thinking genius we are gifted with a few times every generation or two...Even the way the wooden neck of a National guitar disappears into the shiny metal body of the guitar is kind of cyborg-ish and futuristic to this day - 80 years after it's invention!"
I want anyone considering this add to know exactly what you are getting. This guitar is nearly 75years old and the signs of age are clear. There is a noticeable amount of corrosion on the main body, a fair number of scratches on the back of the neck and the 'National' logo has nearly worn off. However these are all just superficial. The guitar plays like a dream and sound fantastic. (please note the cone has been replaced, but that's all!)
Serial number A1968
Pat No 1782617
Pat No 1741453
I'm open to (sensible) offers for this bad boy. I can send you more information and pictures if you're interested.
This one is in better condition than mine
http://cgi.ebay.com/1930-VINTAGE-NA...E-/280626042928?pt=Guitar&hash=item41569d9830
This one seems in worse condition
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...8447325&category=118985&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
Cain
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back