errrr....i've got this lump... (1 Viewer)

Lord Damian

under my chin, around halfway between the tip of my chin and my adam's apple (right underneath where my tongue would be)...i can't see it as i have a full beard, but it's huge (approx 1/3 the size of a golf ball) so i'm thinking it isn't an ingrown-hair related thing. it doesn't really hurt unless i poke it, which i find myself doing every 20 seconds or so. what the hell is it? anyone ever had something like this? should i be worried?

Does it hurt?? If it does, it's probably an abscess from ingrown hair. I had one in the same area (although I didn't have a beard). I had to have it opened under general anaestethic and spent a week in hospital. This was after a nurse tried to do it herself by strapping be down to a bed with no anaestethic and sticking a big needle in it. Bitch.

doesn't really hurt, no, not like i know ingrown hairs/pimples in that region to hurt.

it's more of an unpleasant pressure....tell you what it feels like...a swollen gland, like when you get the mumps...

Is it your foetal conjoined twin?
no, he's on the back of my neck.

stick a needle in it and you'll find out if it's an abscess
see, i'm the type of idiot that has to restrain myself from doing just that.

i'm on the verge of shaving just so i can see what it looks like. but then it'll be exposed to the world. what a pickle.

i have a meeting in an hour. what if it bursts and a billion little spiders start walking across my face, but they're so light i don't feel a thing, and then my colleagues start freaking out, and one of them has a complete mental breakdown and has to be taken to a psych ward, and then i get depressed about it and live the rest of my life in some sort of guilt/shame/alcohol spiral ?

these are the things i think about.

i have a meeting in an hour. what if it bursts and a billion little spiders start walking across my face, but they're so light i don't feel a thing, and then my colleagues start freaking out, and one of them has a complete mental breakdown and has to be taken to a psych ward, and then i get depressed about it and live the rest of my life in some sort of guilt/shame/alcohol spiral ?

result

My husband had one on his chest. He waited til it was the size of an apple before he went to the doctor. It was an abscess and very painful. He still has a little hole in his chest now.

I'd get it looked at now, cos if it is an abscess the bigger it gets, the more painful it is to burst and the longer it takes to heal.

Could be a spider nest, buh.

i'm on the verge of shaving just so i can see what it looks like. but then it'll be exposed to the world. what a pickle.

Maybe it IS a pickle?

the end bits are pretty round

pickle_001.jpg

Yo I've got pretty much exactly the same thing, and I've a full beard too so I can't see it. Anyway I'm not worried, apparently there is a lymph gland there which quite often swells up a bit, I'm pretty sure that's what I have anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back