Emo to be made illegal in Russia (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

ha ha - can you do this?
i know its Putin but still!
not that is a bad thing of course :)
please let it be true!

notice how NME file the article under "my chemical romance"

http://www.nme.com/news/my-chemical-romance/38392

New laws planned to stop 'dangerous teen trends'

A new Russian law could make being an emo kid illegal in the eastern European country.

Legislation is currenting being formulated in Russia to heavily regulate emo websites and ban emo and goth dress style in schools and government buildings.

The new laws are apparently being driven by fears that these "dangerous teen trends" encourage depression and suicide.

The legislation was presented last month at a hearing held by the State Durma, where critics claimed that the "negative" emo culture encourages anti-social behaviour and glorifies suicide.

Emo kids were described as teenagers who wear black, have facial piercings and black hair with fringes that "cover half the face", reports The Guardian

The weekend saw mass protests by Russian emo kids.

In Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, where laws are already being implemented, protestors in a march held signs saying "A Totalitarian State Encourages Stupidity".

Dmitry Gilevich of Russian emo band MAIO stepped in backing the protests, saying: "Expressing psychological emotions is not forbidden by law."

However, emo critics remain unconvinced.

Alexander Grishunin, an adviser to bill sponsor Yevgeny Yuryev, described a ban as necessary, stating: "This is the first step in the public discourse."

The moves in Russia follow criticism of the genre in the UK earlier this year, which saw My Chemical Romance fans protesting at the offices of British newspaper The Daily Mail over their coverage which linked emo with suicide

it will be interesting to see what bands the Russian government puts on their list. is a band emo? Emotional Hardcore? screamo?
i wonder will my remorse be banned in russia by mistake?

my chemical romance said last year they were not emo, did they know this was going to happen?

I was kinda shocked when my friend told me her daughter had been self-harming.

The reason she was doing it?

The emo kids said she couldn't be a real emo if she didn't..

The kid is only 12.

I thought it was just about the music and clothes (which is grand, each to his own) but it's a bit crap if you have to cut yourself to be accepted.

Sher we were all committing suicide when I was a youngfella wearin black on the outside cos black was how I felt on the inside droppin Judd Nelson quotes at every available opportunity.

Just bury your head in the sand and WAIT FOR YOUR FUCKING PROM!!!

I heard that a neighbour of mine committed suicide at twelve years old because her parents grounded her. I dont know them as I'm new to the area. There's a lot of word lately too about suicide pacts on the internet like that one in Jersey I think or some island in the Uk. It's really scary

I was kinda shocked when my friend told me her daughter had been self-harming.

The reason she was doing it?

The emo kids said she couldn't be a real emo if she didn't..

The kid is only 12.

I thought it was just about the music and clothes (which is grand, each to his own) but it's a bit crap if you have to cut yourself to be accepted.
But peer pressure exists everywhere. Not at all sticking up for emo kids,but it could just as easy have been doing drugs/drinking/stealing/picking on other kids. Any of these things would probably not please the parents.

See this whole self harming thing is a fucking paradox...

Are people self harming to be cool.. but for people to even attempt self harm in the first place would something not have to be wrong?

Peer presure cant be that strong can it? God be with the days when your friend just tried to push half a nagon on ya like...

Like theres a big difference between the feelings obtained from self harming when you are on good terms with yourself compaired to feeling pretty dam shite.

My chemical romance... I couldnt give a shit. Teenagers grow out of these things, when I was 13 I thought papa roach were the best thing ever but I didnt go killing myself to the tune of last resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back