ELTON JOHN vs. DRUGS! Discuss!! (1 Viewer)

Nice one allen - Thomas goes, Russia and georgia are at war but i found your guitar lead and your like 'Great news!'

I really enjoyed last night and it was a shame I had to head off early and miss some of acts I was looking forward to seeing.

That was very entertaining. I didn't even know that Crocodile Rock was an Elton John song. The finale with the guy who looks like a bass guitar was very good.
Drink drink drink. I'm wrecked, and I've already been to practice.
Fair play to Mike Groom for bringing along his wares.
And fair play to whoever else.

this was deadly.
medea
crumb
ro
and probably groom and the spook
were all great.
i got really really drunk, ended up lying on the ground outside my neighbors house, doing the puke's.
this morning i woke my girlfriend up with some andrew wk, she thinks i'm great.
good work thomas!

Ha ha :)
- that has to be the quintessential Hoot experience !, Medea and Carol were great, we fucked up royally but ? ! who cares :), it was done in the right spirit - i bet Elton and Drugs are turning in their graves :)

That was great fun.

The Spook were fantastic. What was that instrument you played again, Al?

Crumb were brilliant as usual despite a very uncharacteristic hiccup.

Miriam Ingram's Lilac Wine was really great but Children of the Revolution was a bit of a cheat for an Elton John song! They still did it really well though.

Carol Keogh, Elton Mulally et al were fantastic. Really slick performance and hugely enjoyable. Their drummer is great.

Great night. You've done it again, music!

Well done, Thomas.

Yeh we were at a loss as to the connection?? Did Elt play on the original or summat? Good version though!

i'm not so sure he played on the original. he did play piano on it in the T-Rex movie Born To Boogie though.

It appears that you sir are correct -
"Elton was good friends with Marc Bolan and appeared with T-Rex on what I believe was a Top of the Pops (UK) performance of "Bang A Gong." However, that was just a guest appearance. (Elton has guested with many, many bands over the years-- even the Rolling Stones!) In 1972, Elton also appeared in the Ringo Starr-directed film, that starred Marc Bolan, called Born To Boogie. He played piano on a couple of songs in the film-- "Children of the Revolution" and, I believe, "Tutti Frutti."
:cool:

This was the best night out I've had in a very long time. So many great performances! Well done to all. Damn you crumb for getting in there earlier than me with your request for 'I'm Still Standing'. To snakybus, I have no idea what I was saying about the Wire, motherhood and unemployment, but I know it made no sense and for that I apologise :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back