Ellipcial eq (1 Viewer)

Thanks lemonbravo, Yea, I use that site from time to time. Great little site. Most of the industry people are there. I have been having phase problems in the chain prior to cutting am thinking my plug-in is not working as intended. Am thinking it's not reading true. The reason for going to outboard is to avoid this happening again. I have come across a couple looking through the net, but i'll keep searching for one within budget E800 w/vat.

Redtape - it's a form of m/s encoding. just more focus on the center without affecting the stereo width.

Thanks lemonbravo, Yea, I use that site from time to time. Great little site. Most of the industry people are there. I have been having phase problems in the chain prior to cutting am thinking my plug-in is not working as intended. Am thinking it's not reading true. The reason for going to outboard is to avoid this happening again. I have come across a couple looking through the net, but i'll keep searching for one within budget E800 w/vat.

Redtape - it's a form of m/s encoding. just more focus on the center without affecting the stereo width.

Cool.

....it does affect the perception of stereo width in that it sums the stereo side S into the mono M? no?

my experience is that it can reduce the sense of stereo, especially since most of our perception of width/size comes from low frequency content.
It depends on the mix of course.

It sums below a certain HZ, usally between 300-500hz. The reason it's summed is the lower HZ will have more anti phase. If it does affect width, it's just a matter of adjusting phase with an imager if and when width becomes too small.

Edit: adjusting everything above whats been summed

no worries.

if you do get the Monofilter spend some time getting to know it.
There's an 'auto' trim function that compensates for the volume differences when summing the signal, but it's normally a little off, so you'll have to adjust the M/S balance manually. And it can be a bit of a pain to get it right, as the section where you adjust it is a bit small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back