Electric Picnic (again) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 84
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 10
Pilchard said:
Theres also a Foggy Notions stage. Anyone want to hazard a guess whats going to be on that?
Haven't a clue, but it can't be any worse than that bland list of bands. As much as I like, and even love, some of the bands listed there's nothing there to make you go WOW is there...

Stan Bowles said:
Haven't a clue, but it can't be any worse than that bland list of bands. As much as I like, and even love, some of the bands listed there's nothing there to make you go WOW is there...

no nothing. still, will probably go anyway.:)

meh, i'm dure there'll be better shit on the smaller stages...
have my ticket now anyway so i may as well make the best of it..
will they be announcing the line-up for the other stages tonight?

joanne-psi said:
Where's the DJ's at??

I think most of them are spinning at the POD's 'Garden Party' or MCD's "Hi-Fi" in Westmeath. I expect once 'Garden Party' is out of the way or selling well they'll add a fuck load of DJ's onto the Picnic bill.

Aside from the bound-to-be-wank Damien Rice stage I fink it's a decent line-up.

i was at reading some years ago when daphne and celeste got bottle offstage, one of the strangest sights ever.

would be *wonderful* if and when alabama 3 start playing that song with the aslan sample, something similar were to occur

dudley said:
i was at reading some years ago when daphne and celeste got bottle offstage, one of the strangest sights ever.

would be *wonderful* if and when alabama 3 start playing that song with the aslan sample, something similar were to occur
As shite as that song is, Damien Rice is playing. Surely that warrants this more so..

i'm very dissapointed. the line-up was so great last year, i was far away wishing i was in sunny laois. theres a handfull of 'meh' acts there and absolutly nobody that would make me go. maybe leagues can make it better. come on the leagues!!!!

mark said:
i'm very dissapointed. the line-up was so great last year, i was far away wishing i was in sunny laois. theres a handfull of 'meh' acts there and absolutly nobody that would make me go. maybe leagues can make it better. come on the leagues!!!!

As someone has already pointed out in this thread that there are not enough acts announced to fill the 3 days and i know they have a load of acts to announce they are waiting to see how ticket sales will go over the weekend and in a couple of weeks add more names.I am dissapointed at the lack of dance and hip hop acts as thats what the Electric Picninc is known for. ;)

Broken Social Scene and the redneck manifesto will be added after their respective Vicar Street shows.
Im speculating on this as far as the rednecks go but know it as far as BSS are concerned. I know this goes for most other aiken bands playing here between now and the picnic.
I also know morrisey, radiohead,the lips and countless others were offered lots more money by MCD to do their marlay park/nowlan park gigs this summer despite being offered by Aiken to do the picnic.
While it might not be as good a line up as last year its nice to know at least they havn't gone lazy, just they are slightly less rich than MCD.
Wait til you see the amount of bands on this years picnic at next years Oxegen, its like stealing candy from a small child.

i will accept anyone rejecting these claims but thats to the best of my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back