Electric Picnic (again) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 84
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 10
I want to know about the Deerhoof rumours.
Someone tell me they're playing. It can be a lie. I don't care.

clonan attack said:
Broken Social Scene and the redneck manifesto will be added after their respective Vicar Street shows.
Im speculating on this as far as the rednecks go but know it as far as BSS are concerned. I know this goes for most other aiken bands playing here between now and the picnic.
I also know morrisey, radiohead,the lips and countless others were offered lots more money by MCD to do their marlay park/nowlan park gigs this summer despite being offered by Aiken to do the picnic.
While it might not be as good a line up as last year its nice to know at least they havn't gone lazy, just they are slightly less rich than MCD.
Wait til you see the amount of bands on this years picnic at next years Oxegen, its like stealing candy from a small child.

i will accept anyone rejecting these claims but thats to the best of my knowledge.

The Nowlan park gigs are Aiken not MCD...

Slightly off topic, but I honestly don't know why MCD went to such extraordinary lengths to ensure a "cool" line-up for Oxegen this year. At least 80 per cent of the people who attend that don't give a hoot who plays, nor cares, nor knows anything about who's playing. Oxegen has become a "rite of passage" festival for Ireland's youth and the sooner MCD wake up to that the better (although treating people like livestock at Punchestown is obviously a sign that MCD are well aware of that fact). Yes it seels out, but they could announce Foster and Allen as headliners and it would still sell out. They can throw all the money in the world at bands to secure their services, and keep exclusivity rights but at the end of the day these bands are all going to be faced with a crowd of smashed twits waiting for someone to say "let me see those hands Dublin" as the drummer holds a steady beat, or do some Snoop Dogg call and response bullshit.

Last year there must have been about 300 people at New Order! As Clonan says, it's kind of a pity Aiken/POD are poorer cousins of MCD, but by golly they know how to run a big event and by being poorer at least their line ups cut out the 'rite of passage' children that have made Oxegen such an unpleasant festival experience.

Alan Latchley said:
Wilco at Oxegen or the Picnic?

I saw them at Oxegen two years ago. I think there was about 12 people paying attenetion to them in a hungover tent.

i was at that.think everyone was a bit dour coz they got soaked on the way to the tent.they were brilliant though,especially 'poor places' as an encore.great song

ratmonkey said:
was at this 2 years ago. saw pinback, explosions in the sky and lali puna there. its mostly techno and stuff now. only problem with it was that it was full of belgian/french equivalent of chavs. some of them reminded me of that film La Haine. not as friendly as Rock Wechter festival either. http://www.rockwerchter.be

cid:2d0ea9d728b96b77963940baf213e770
ADDITIONS TO ELECTRIC PICNIC LINE-UP

GNARLS BARKLEY, AMADOU & MARIAN PLUS THE SKATELITES are the latest acts to be added to this year's Electric Picnic bill.

Playing for the first time in Ireland, GNARLS BARKLEY is the sensational new psychedelic soul project of DJ/producer Danger Mouse and Goodie Mob rapper/singer Cee-Lo. Their current single 'Crazy' is on course to become the first release in history to make number one solely on digital sales in the UK and their forthcoming album, St Elsewhere, is already one of the the most hyped and eagerly anticipated debut release of 2006.

Their story is the stuff of legends: Both blind, they meet, fall in love, travel together, write gorgeous melodies together, perform together, raise three children together - AMADOU & MARIAN (known throughout West Africa as the Blind Couple of Mali) pen and perform the most infectious gorgeous songs ever heard. They have had a phenomenal response to their Dimache Bamako album, produced by and featuring celebrated French/Latin artist, Manu Chao. Amadou & Marians latest successes add an international dimension to the reputation that they have long since acquired in their native Mali and throughout West Africa.

With some band members over 70 years old, the SKATALITES are more than just a living legend they are a real-life embodiment of music. The Skatalites were and are an institution, an aggregation of top-notch musicians who didnt merely define the sound of Jamaica; they were the sound of Jamaica. Skatalites have pioneered and popularised ska around the world. They became a continuously touring group back in the late '80s, and have since connected younger fans with the originators of ska, reggae and everything that followed. They are certain to be an unmissable highlight of Electric Picnic.
cid:2d0ea9d728b96b77963940baf213e770
The Electric Picnic, Irelands ******** music festival with seven stages, 3 days of camping takes place 1st ,2nd and 3rd September 2006.

MORE ACTS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Kim:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back