Electric Picnic 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

Hey final acts just announced, including

-Skream (!!!!!!)
-Mix Master Mike (though I assume he'll be playing with the Beastie Boys too.
-Apparat.

I cant imagine watching The Wizaed of Oz to Dark Side of the Moon. That's just plain..... dangerous.

I've seen that film 73 times so far this year.

me either. I have heard about that though, and it is meant to be freakily uncanny, in parts. I think maybe if you time the bells at the start of Time with the bit where the wicked witch of the west appears, and maybe the munchkins singing their song when Great Gig in the Sky comes on. I dunno.

how about playing Stairway to Heaven backwards 17 times instead?

cephalopod;867069 The Field will be this year's Modeselektor...[/QUOTE said:
Sorry but last time I saw Modeselektor they put on a banging show. I can't imagine The Field's minmal musings creating anywhere near the same level of energy.

From the elecpic site:
In case you've missed any announcements here for the first time is the complete, confirmed, AND official Electric Picnic music line-up for 2007:

Beastie Boys; Clap Your Hands Say Yeah; Erasure; Dub Pistols & Terry Hall; Sonic Youth; Bjork; Hot Chip; Iggy & The Stooges; Easy Allstars; The Undertones; Chemical Brothers; Kieran Hebden & Steven Reid; Manic Street Preachers; Horace Andy; UNKLE; Mixmaster Mike; Kila; Ladytron; The Jesus and Mary Chain; Fionn Regan; Soul II Soul; Magic Numbers; The Good, The Bad and the Queen; Damien Dempsey; The Go! Team; Nouvelle Vague; DHOL Foundation; The Fall; Rio Kiley; Malajube; MIA; Fujiya & Miyagi; Paul Hartnoll Band; Modest Mouse; Serena Maneesh; Warlords of Pez; Final Fantasy; The Jimmy Cake; Bat for Lashes; Camera Obscura; Sons & Daughters; Dave Couse; Duke Special; Marlena Shaw & Orchestra; Primal Scream; Electrelane; Apparet; Oppenheimer; Two Gallants; Simple Kid; Gospel Choir; Patrick Wolf; Skream; The Aliens; Jarvis Cocker; Kissaway Trail; My Brightest Diamond; Dave Geraghty; Aim; The Flaws; Ukelele Orchestra of GB; Polyphonic Spree; Stephen Fretwell; Dans le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip; Halves; Craig Armstrong; Rahzel; Ratatat;!!!; LCD Soundsystem; Deerhoof; Red Kid; Scott Matthews; Shychild; Si Schroeder; Good Shoes; Acoustic Mainlines Spritualized; Lonely Dear; The Company; Architecture in Helsinki; Spilly Walker; Channel One; Delorentos; Candi Payne; The Field; Fight Like Apes; Angus & Julia Stone; Luisito Quintero; The Little Ones; 65 Days of Static.
So, who should I go and see?

I like:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah; Sonic Youth; Bjork; Chemical Brothers; The Jesus and Mary Chain; Fionn Regan; The Good, The Bad and the Queen; The Go! Team; Malajube; Modest Mouse; Warlords of Pez; Final Fantasy; The Jimmy Cake; Dave Couse; Two Gallants; Simple Kid; Patrick Wolf; Kissaway Trail; Polyphonic Spree; Ratatat; Deerhoof; Si Schroeder; Good Shoes; Loney Dear; Architecture in Helsinki; Fight Like Apes; The Little Ones; David Turpin.

That's impossible, but Spree, Deerhoof, Patrick Wolf and Modest Mouse are my unmissables. It's gonna be a tough weekend!

I'll be DJ-ing in the amnesty ireland tent, hopefully catching some bands too. Drop by and say hello, like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back