El Diablo (1 Viewer)

Ed said:
Jim Carrol = totally right, pricks.

Jim Carrol has gone on a mad one recently

all his columns are frothing at the mouth rants these days

(and NO, not just the "scence that celebrates is delph" crap)

It's entertaining to read, but it's all very Everret True in where the Journlist and his ideas and opinions (and rage) over shadows the actual music he's writting about.

Pantone247 said:
Jim Carrol has gone on a mad one recently

all his columns are frothing at the mouth rants these days

(and NO, not just the "scence that celebrates is delph" crap)

It's entertaining to read, but it's all very Everret True in where the Journlist and his ideas and opinions (and rage) over shadows the actual music he's writting about.

not read the ticket in a while, rants are great, i'll go off on one sometime soon.

PS. pete, that wasn't as funny as i thought it would be.

pete said:
um

it's not a review. It's in a section called "Review" alright, but it's not listed as a "Live Review"

it doesn't mention any specific performance, it just talks about the band in general, and at the bottom it says "El Diablo play whelans tonight, somewhere else tomorrow etc etc"

good story though

It looks like a review though... and that section (back pages) is pretty well always live reviews rather than previews, so... I dunno. I'd rather believe you Pete... Mr Clayton-Lea has been a good friend down the years.

Be about right too. I been picking people up wrong all week... :(

completely. for a site about 'underground music' and whatever, people seem to pay an awful lot of attention to what the biggest newspaper in the country has to say about their and their friends stupid bands.

yis aren't bleedin aslan, lads!

Ed said:
not read the ticket in a while, rants are great, i'll go off on one sometime soon.

Well The Tickets the paper for you then, I've found it very very "I HATE EVERYTHING RRRAAGGHHH WHY ARE BANDS SO STUPID AND I'M SO CLEVER!!" lately.

And that was about the bands they liked

This morning I have a huge urge to listen to Mudhoney very loudly

mondo bizzarro

ah no :( that's very cutting. me is a sad baby now :(

here buh, imagine if that actually happened, you'd totally have scored with knowing it! :D *schmak*

Barrel O'Carols said:
No, I get a girl back to my place and discover she's a Hag...

:confused: i'd be the belle of the ball and you know it darlin. you'd STILL totally try and score with me thinking i was all woman! i actually look good in a dress. ask andy.

Barrel O'Carols said:
disturbing... very disturbing

Hag in Drag

Nokers

Jayses.
It was a review all right....
Still, better than the preview we got in the Star for a gig in Mullingar. It had a deadly little blurb, in the entertainment news section, but it had a picture of a musclebound boyband above it, labelled El Diablo. I wish I still had it.

Anyone who hasn't seen the wonder that is Herm really should go to see him tonight. Nick Cave meets Beck meets Tom Waits all smushed up into Herm.
And Settler.
And El Diablo, who I like very much.

what about the evening herald (i think) review of gemma hayes at witnness 2002.

went something like - 'great set from gemma, good crowd, smashing songs....'. a couple of paragraphs - turns out she never played because the stage was about to subside.

oh sweet chicken of jesus I hurt.

what a nice night it twaz. Much Guinness and a then sitting at home at 4am in total denial about work as my wife (who has today off) dancing a grand jig in fast motion for me...and chilli fries...and ...

oh the pain

as a disgruntled BBC viewer would say, why oh why oh why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back