Eighth Annual GGI FEST, 2011 (3 Viewers)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
So the dates for the Eighth Annual Groningen Glasgow Ireland Punk festival have been decided on by our dutch friends and it will be held in Groningen from June, 24th - 26th 2011.

Fri June 24th Vera Club
Sat June 25th - Viaduct Club
Sun June 26th - Crowbar

The only other details i know is that Stiff has done the logo / tshirt design already and its a cracker.

The two GGI's in Groningen were amazing and I am sure this will be as well

Re: Eight Annual GGI FEST, 2011

this is gonna be great. no flights to bremen anymore tho. that bus was loadsa craic last time!

even easier to miss the plane now you can't go to bremen!

you can cycle to this if your a mad bastard, almost all on cycle tracks, away from busy roads,
ferry from dublin to liverpool, cycle the trans penine way cycle route across uk to hull, ferry to hook of holland, cycle path to Groningen.

Prob gonna do that route in the van meself, on the roads though!

Way over
bridge_bikes.jpg

Way back

drunk%20cyclist.jpg

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!
LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!

wha happen me way back pic? here it is again form another site if its a copyright thing.
drunk-cyclist.n.jpg

Ah, thought it was going to be later in september. Hopefully Cheri and I can make it to europe in time this year. Does anybody know if there is camping again?

There'll be floors to crash on..dont worry..you'll be looked after

So is this on Saturday, Sunday, Monday or what's the deal with the dates?

hard to believe we're at number 8..fucking mad

wish I hadnt wussed on Edinburgh....8 for 8 woulda been so sweet

So have just emailed them to check the dates as the 25th - 27th includes a monday and i would imagine its more like fri, sat, sun and thats a typo

Anyway i know theres a night in the vera, an all dayer in the viaduct and a gig on the last day in the crowbar and robbie is organsiing 5 a side football competition so its defo 3 days

getting there by plane its really either ryanair to eindhoven and a train or aerlings to amsterdam and a train, also aer lingus to the wonderful hamburg is a possibility for a two city holiday

Alternately you can train and boat via uk, train and bus via uk or cycle via trans pennine route

this is a really amazing weekend in groningen - my favorite of the three ggi venues so well worth going along - i am sure there will be more details very soon and will post up when the cheap flights are around etc. oh and you get to see a rare outing by the freebooters if all of that wasnt enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back